What is next on X-Plane?

nolonol

We habe now an 10.22 RC 1 that obviously fixes the LUA problem under windows IF a plane with an SASL plugin at least uses SASL 2.0 which would mean another round of updates for all SASL planes. At least all updated Carenados (v2+) already use such SASL plugins,and Philipp offers a SASL preview for the B777. Generally they work fine, but there seem to be some indications of another Gizmo SASL conflict!

Otherwise there will probably be a 10.25 version with some new textures and additions in autogen, while 10.30 will be the first step for automatical updates of the base sceneries and mesh.

Uh, what are you talking about? We're not aware of any conflicts.

Well, I just bought the Mu-2 and the Cessna Corvalis on Friday and installed them on Sunday..

Previously I had installed the RC-1 and all seemed to work fine but then:

Several hard crashes. Even X-Plane 10 didn't catch anything only Windows complained...

The Logs showed an out of memory situation in SASL. When I moved the 64 Bit Gizmo to a different location (to diable it as usual),

the crashes disappearted. Crashes with older SASLs wouldn't have worried me too much but I had at least one crash with the 777 (with the new SASL from Philip) and one with an Archer v2.1 and a Bonanza v2.

I would presume even the Gizmo that disabled itself obviously had a significant memory imprint. But the situation is not clear enough to point any fingers.

Perhaps X-Plane 10 reserves Lua memory for Gizmo, and didn't serve SASL from these reserves? Perhaps bugs in SASL or perhaps the 64 bit Gizmo still used some resources too much even in its diabaled form.

It was at least obvious that the Gizmo plugin had a resource imprint bigger than 0.The SASL planes obviously felt if Gizmo was there or not.

and the locations wherwe these things happened around Calgary (CYYC) and around CyZF, with alpilotx's HD Mesh, and Tony Curtis Canadian Rockies.

I have to damit, I got the idea to disable Gizmo after another big rant by Dan Klaue about Gizmo ( http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=68387&page=5#entry745198

)

. who obviously had some weird Logs before.

I had perhaps 10-12 crashes yesterday. So I think something isn't quite right yet, but what is the real cause? While there were other plugins active too (Sea Traffic, Red Flag, Discrete FPS, several autogates and so on, the connection between these crashes and Gizmo was IMHO obvious. But who is responsible? We are still in Beta. But Gizmo is always there even if no Gizmo plane is loaded so I have to admit that some arguments of Dan Klaue are valid. Something seems to be different when Gizmo is in the background.

Edited by Longranger

Well, I just bought the Mu-2 and the Cessna Corvalis on Friday and installed them on Sunday.

Thanks for the purchase!

Several hard crashes. Even X-Plane 10 didn't catch anything only Windows complained...

Definitely sounds of a weird memory error. OpenGL used to fight for the space.

The Logs showed an out of memory situation in SASL. When I moved the 64 Bit Gizmo to a different location (to diable it as usual),
the crashes disappearted. Crashes with older SASLs wouldn't have worried me too much but I had at least one crash with the 777 (with the new SASL from Philip) and one with an Archer v2.1 and a Bonanza v2.

There could be so many different things happening here. You're talking about aircraft with their own code. I don't know enough about your situation or the 777 to speak on it from a technical level, but it could even be programming bugs.

I would presume even the Gizmo that disabled itself obviously had a significant memory imprint. But the situation is not clear enough to point any dingers.

I think this is false. Gizmo's memory imprint is incredibly small in X-Plane.

Perhaps X-Plane 10 reserves Lua memory for Gizmo, and didn't serve SASL from these reserves? Perhaps bugs in SASL or perhaps the 64 bit Gizmo still used some resources too much even in its diabaled form.

I genuinely don't believe it's a memory wall issue. The imprints are entirely too small for that. We're not even hearing similar reports from anyone, which causes more suspicion.