New computer, hardware suggestions?

P3R

Hi

Witch Intel CPU would be the best to choose for running XP10, not counting Xenon?

I7-3770K 4Core @ 4,5

I7-3930K 6Core @ ?

I7-3970X 6Core @ 4.0

Will i benefit from having a 6core over a faster 4core and so on.

I am mostly interested in tested fact.

I had decided on a fast Nvidia 680GTX 4GB but now the Titan is on the marked, any toughts on that?

If someone would suggest a complete PC Setup with todays hardware that would run XP10 to the fullest it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Screen only, possibly building 3 PC's and running 3Screen, 1 screen per PC.

Br

P3R

I just recently built my computer with an i7 3770K quad core and a GTX680 4GB FTW. I overclocked to 4.4Ghz and it performs excellent. To answer a few of your questions, there are some write-ups out there explaining how XP10 does not utilize more than four cores so having six cores won't help you unless you have other games that will utilize them then go for it.

I do not think there are any computer setups that can play XP10 to the fullest, anyone else with more experience than I can chime in on that topic. Don't get me wrong, my X-Plane 10 looks great and has a lot of eye candy, but still world distance detail and clouds are still an issue. I have my settings more on the conservative side, putting me at an average of 30-40FPS in a high quality aircraft at a high quality payware airport. So if you wanted to tweak that number down a little bit there is some room. 

I find that XP10 still has a long way to go in optimization. My PC plays War Thunder and DCS A-10 at just about full settings and looks amazing.

My build is 

Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower case

Corsair HX750 750W power supply

ASUS DVD burner

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB 1600 RAM

ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard

EVGA GTX680 4GB FTW+

Intel i7-3770K

Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD

WD Black 2TB HD

post-7770-0-32964200-1367111568_thumb.jp

there are some write-ups out there explaining how XP10 does not utilize more than four cores so having six cores won't help you

Please post some links to these write ups as it says on the actual X-plane website that "X-Plane will take advantage of as many cores or distinct processors as you can afford. Having 16 cores split among 4 CPUs is not required by any means, but Version 10 would be able to use every one."

I find that XP10 still has a long way to go in optimization. My PC plays War Thunder and DCS A-10 at just about full settings and looks amazing.

this is due to the fact that war thunder never renders more then a few miles into the distance well X-plane can render 100 miles into the distance well have scenery loaded well past that so that you never see it loading more and that the planes themselves are much lower res then what we have in X-plane take a look at war thunder's B-24 to see what I mean as far as the DCS A-10 Sim goes I've never used it so I can't comment on that

Also I Would recommend a intel core i5 for xp10 unless your planning on running 20 747's all the time as my i3 can easily take on 20 Ai planes with minimal performance impact

Please post some links to these write ups as it says on the actual X-plane website that "X-Plane will take advantage of as many cores or distinct processors as you can afford. Having 16 cores split among 4 CPUs is not required by any means, but Version 10 would be able to use every one."

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=55346

I just recently built my computer with an i7 3770K quad core and a GTX680 4GB FTW. I overclocked to 4.4Ghz and it performs excellent. To answer a few of your questions, there are some write-ups out there explaining how XP10 does not utilize more than four cores so having six cores won't help you unless you have other games that will utilize them then go for it.

I do not think there are any computer setups that can play XP10 to the fullest, anyone else with more experience than I can chime in on that topic. Don't get me wrong, my X-Plane 10 looks great and has a lot of eye candy, but still world distance detail and clouds are still an issue. I have my settings more on the conservative side, putting me at an average of 30-40FPS in a high quality aircraft at a high quality payware airport. So if you wanted to tweak that number down a little bit there is some room. 

My build is 

Cooler Master HAF 922 ATX Mid Tower case

Corsair HX750 750W power supply

ASUS DVD burner

G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB 1600 RAM

ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe motherboard

EVGA GTX680 4GB FTW+

Intel i7-3770K

Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD

WD Black 2TB HD

attachicon.gifUntitled.jpg

Thanks PWJT8D for posting your setup.

I have noted most of your setup for my new rig, but i will wait a little longer to have the Nvidia Titan reports coming in.

Edited by P3R