JAR A320

AgreMeister

Just wanted to know if anyone had purchased the JARdesign A320 and if it worked well? I have a lower end iMac from a couple years ago, so I wanted to be sure it would be usable before I bought it.

I have the Jrollon CRJ and it works great, but I picked up the FJS Dash-8 and it was simply unplayable.

Any feedback would be great :)

FYI I have a late 2010 model iMac, 3.06ghz dual core and a 256mb Radeon 4670

Love the plane. Works well and updated to ver 1.2

There's no real manual (FCOM's don't work for me ;o)) ... but the YouTube vids are indispensable and you'll need to study this A320 resource ...

Some people have issues with install, but I think it's more a case of misunderstanding the instructions ... I believe the Crew are Russian?

The EDIT - Just read that you're on a low end Mac? I don't know what you're experience with it will be like considering your hardware. I use Windows 7 64 bit .. sorry!

Cheers!

Edited by Kris Pryo

Which would you recommend?

between 32 and 64 bit? I fire up 32 bit XP occasionally, but 64 bit has spoilt me. A much better experience all around in 64 bit (for me).

I really miss some of the planes that aren't 64 bit yet, and I suspect that when the next series of HD aircraft get released the 64 bit updates of previous aircraft will be overshadowed somewhat.

For the moment, the A320neo by JARDesign is one of the more complex (systemwise) of the 64 bit capable aircraft on offer in XP.

Edited by Kris Pryo
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing plane, bought it a couple weeks ago. Arguably the best external model and very nice interior. The new cockpit texture pack by Slava ranks this plane one of my top 5 favorites. If you set your scenery settings lower then I am confident that this plane will work fine on your mac. Happy flying :)

• Upvote 1