Yet another Laptop thread

Z750Jay

Hi all,

Wifey has allowed me to get a new laptop to replace my old one with this years bonus and I am wondering what to get. It has to be a laptop as we have no space for a desktop so its either a laptop or iMac style unit. I have between £1500 and £2000 to spend. I have been thinking about the Dell/Alienware or Samsung offerings and wondered about people's ideas.

Thanks for the info. I have looked at that one but lucky have a bigger budget (I am really in the wifey's good books at the moment!) so want one with a 17.5" screen if not bigger. Works out at about $2200 to $3000 budget.

I really would like to build a PC in a small/thin case but she still thinks of my old gaming rig which was a tadge on the large size and even I had a hard time lifting. I could get lucky as while I was looking today she spotted the iMac and thought it was a good idea.

I have a Dell XPS17 with an I7 2.68ghz with 8gb memory and a GTX 580 3gb built in and a Blu-burner drive plus 1080p screen. Got it when they closed them out

and it still kicks my desktop.  Could look into Dell outlet and see what they have or check out Alienware and build one.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-M17x-r4/pd.aspx