Spill lights in scenery on at daytime?

lizz

All,

For my scenery project I used the LIGHT_SPILL_CUSTOM light to create an omni directional light that easily can be adapted in color by using the RGB parameters. This works great however these lights are always ON, day and night.

Is there a way to let these lights be switched together with all other lighting in X-plane?

I know there is a dataref involved in this light parameter but I'm not sure if that is the way to control it.

Anybody her knows how to do this?

Thanks

Lizz

• 2 months later...

You should use "LIGHT_PARAM full_custom_halo_night" instead. You can customise the colour, shape and direction of the light beam exactly like with LIGHT_SPILL_CUSTOM. Use LIGHT_PARAM full_custom_halo for lights that are on all the time. It does not check  for a dataref so it will also be a bit faster.

LIGHT_PARAM full_custom_halo X Y Z A S Dx Dy Dz W 

X,Y, Z           Position relative to the center of the object

A                   Master dimer or brightness

S                   Size

Dx, Dy, Dz    Direction in which the light shines

W                  Width (Cos(angle), I am not sure if you can use 1 for omnidirectional lights)

Edited by scubajuan_new
  • Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Lizz,

first of all, sorry for the horrible delay in my answer, but I've read yhis thread only now.

As for your answer, you may want to try the dataref "sim/graphics/animation/lights/normal" which is stated (inside Datarefs.txt inside X-Plane folder) that is "float" Dr with "[9]" indexes, non writable and affects lights so that they are ON at night, but i guess OFF at day.

I have found that DataRef tied at LIGHT_SPILL_CUSTOM lights often inside lights.obj from Aerosoft sceneries. So, I guess it works after all...! ;)

I was looking deeper in the matter of LIGHT_SPILL_CUSTOM (as searched in Google with this whole word) and I found your post.

I hope that you have solved your issue since almost a year ago, but if you did not, well... I hope I have been of some help.

Ciao,

Cekko™