downloading aircraft

parauk

Hi , I am very new to x plane and have just down loaded a plane from the file library, I then dragged the down loaded aircraft folder into the general aviation folder in x plane. Is this the correct way to do this as there is no livery on the plane and 3d cockpit does not work. thank you for your help and advice

the file i downloaded was the boeing 767-200er by michael chang. all the instruments work fine, I am sure its just me being new to this as there is a livery folder as a sub folder in the plane download and inside the livery folder are two sub folders  called air canada silver bullet and air canada frosted leaf.   As i said in my post I just downloaded the plane, then dragged the folder into the aircraft folder in x plane. Is this the correct way to do this? If so then do i have to then do something with the contents of the livery folder.

The 3d cockpit is just a bit of blurred pic of the instrument panel so prob there is no 3d cockpit.

thank you for replying to my post.

Just out of curiosity when you loaded the plane when it had no livery was it all White? If it was all you have to do is select a diffrent livery when you load a plane since the 767's default is white. To do this simply click on one of the liveries below the preview picture of the plane.

Edited by mj12345