Aircraft Known to be Compatible with 64Bit

Sgt R Lee Ermey

Not familiar with PA peters can you clarify?  I just need the author and plane that is compatible or website so I can check.   I want to have a nice list here with a link to each manufacturer even freely distributed ones that are compatible.   Makes a quick and easy reference for us to go to shop once 10.20 is out. 

Peter Hager's website 'Peters Aircraft' - http://petersuv.vs120062.hl-users.com

I own the Airbus A380 with 3D cockpit and the older Airbus 340-600 with only 2D cockpit. From what I understand and find with my ACFs, none of his aircraft plugins are 64-bit and there is no timeline on his part to do so.

It seems that older models use SASL, so maybe dropping in the generic 64-bit version would work, but I have done no testing. To be honest, even with using 64-bit X-Plane 95% of the time, I can wait for the chance that Peter upgrades to 64-bit plugins. Too many other nice aircraft that work in 64-bit :)

The newer ACFs like the A380 and A320 seem to use custom plugins.

So unless things change, all of he ACFs do not meet the requirements.

Regards

On a separate note:

I was in a position recently on debating if to buy the A380 and I finally did. I imagine anyone else in the same position might find my experience helps to shine light on the matter. Being the most expensive ACF (currently) with a 3D cockpit, it is a lot of money for some to spend, even if they love Airbus ACFs

The A380  (paid $80 for it) is really a procedural ACF and that is where the effort has been put. The exterior model is reasonable good but not up there with the best (the photos on the website seem to look better). It now has a 3rd party 3D cockpit made by Ramzzess for an extra fee. For approx. $80 I was able to get one ACF, Qantas colors and the 3D cockpit. 

Would I do it again?

Not yet being a procedural flyer and not knowing how accurate his 380 is, I currently find it hard to justify to myself the money I spent. it does seem to fly realistically (this is from someone who has never sat in a pilots seat) compared to all the other big heavies I have owned. There is a certain quality there, that I have not defined yet. It sure does feel big and flies big :)

Bottom line is that if you are expecting AAA looks like the Jetsteam, then you will be disappointed. The 3D cockpit by Ramzzess feels more like his older IL-96 the the SJ100 level of quality/finish. It does the job and does look nice, but not up with the best. I suspect the 380 flies pretty close to the real thing and to get the best out of it, you have to fly it like the real thing.

Up to you and how you wish to spend your $80, but hopefully now you have an little bit more of an insight as to what to expect.  :)

Regards

Edited by MugHug

Just to chip in on Peters Aircraft, I have both the A380 and the A321.

I really love the A321 MugHug above is correct that it is very much a procedural sim though but the systems are really well modeled and its very different than flying a boeing.  It also sounds pretty authentic that weird airbus hum noise you get at flex speed.  If you watch a video of an Airbus flight after learning the A321 it feels very much like you are doing the correct procedures and that you might be able to climb in and fly one.  It has just received a big update but I'm waiting for 64 bit before using it again at the moment which Peter notes is on the way.  I look forward to the 3d cockpit.

Great airbus vid here that you should watch and makes me want to fly the A321 all day long.

On another point the A380 is apparently at the 'final test stage' for 64 bit.

Andy

• Upvote 1

Agree that from the technical side, he does some of the best stuff out there. Just try to warn people that some may consider the eye candy to be, for example not up to Carenado standard. If one can look beyond that and is or wishes to become a procedural flyer of what I suspect are the nearest that we have in X-Plane to the real thing, then consider Peter's Aircraft.

I do not regret buying the A380 and actually feel it is potentially the best ACF in my hanger, if I ever master it. That is even with having the JARDeisgn a320neo, for example. Just not sure I would lay out so much again on one ACF/livery.

Good news on the 64-bit. I rarely load up 32-bit X-Plane now, so it will be something nice to look forward to:)

On the 3D cockpit of the 380, do you actually find a noticeable drop in FPS against the 2D?

Regards

Edited by MugHug

I've just done a quick test.  In summary yes its a major drop from 57 fps to 24 fps using the 3d cockpit.

Andy

So not just me. Considering who made the cockpit and in light of having two of his ACFs with 3D cockpits, I am surprised there is such a FPS hit. Wonder if it is the coding on Peters side?

Regards

Peter's A380 will be 64bit in a few days! :D

any news on how long it will take to release the 64bit version of the A321 and A380.  With the release of the 777 64bit and A320neo 64bit beta last week I put my purchase on hold for the Peter's planes because 64bit is so much better on my system.  I will buy the Peters A321 and A380 once it's released for 64bit.  Do you have any ETA on the release day?

thank you.

cleardot.gif Reply
cleardot.gif Forward                 

A 64-bit test version of the A380 will be published within a few days.
After successful termination we will turn to the A321 plugins.

Kind regards / Freundliche Grüße
Peter

Edited by HarryCYUL
  • Upvote 1

Hate to bring this up but I cruise several x-plane sites and enjoy them all gathering good info and advice on topics like this, including the .org. This constant bashing I find here of another site really takes away from the pleasure and knowledge available from this group. If you don't like a particular site, "don't go there"... but really, can't you let it go and just enjoy this site so others can as well? As someone who has bought planes and scenery from several providers, I have enjoyed dealing with them all and found most everyone in the x-plane community to be very helpful.

Let's just fly!

VC

Just meant that anyone selling planes exclusively at the concentration camp known as the org won't make this list. 

This completely neuters the purpose of what I thought would become an excellent centralized reference for those wishing to update their aircraft to 64-bit compatibility.  It's too bad you are letting your personal experiences [biases] with the Org get in the way.

That said, I offer the following suggestions:

1.  Ask the moderators to edit the title of this thread to include "except those available exclusively at the Org" so that we'll know in advance the list will be incomplete.

or

2.  Add an indication to items in your list stating exclusive availability at the Org and let the readers decide for themselves.

Edited by SqrtOfNegOne