Changing Colours

Colin S

Ok guys, usually I find the little things that make X-Plane looks cool... but this time I'm baffled. For 10 times in a row, I opened X-Plane, and the colours were AMAZING. It looked like something that was NOT X-Plane because the colours were so deep.

tumblr_mg2jv9kNV71s0izlgo1_1280.jpgHowever, now every time I open it up, all I get is this crap: boring old X-Plane colours.

tumblr_mg0gc2ONRh1s2oqxno1_1280.png

I would LOVE to recreate that first situation. It was amazing, it was like someone added a "make X-Plane look freaking awesome" setting. PLEASE HELP. Thanks :)

Colin

****THINGY RESOLVED****

Instructions to get the AMAZING look:

1. Open X-Plane 10.
  2. Settings > Rendering Options > Gamma. Change the number to 1.6. Note the "Takes Effect on Restart."
  3. Close Rendering Options.
  4. Location > Select Airport.
  5. Enter. This saves your preferences. We will now restart the program.
  6. Close X-Plane 10.
  7. Open X-Plane 10. Please observe the amazing colouration, however, skycolours won't be as dynamic as they could be and they won't reflect off of your plane.
  8. Settings > Rendering Options > Gamma. Change the number to 3.4. This will make beautiful sunsets cast that orange glow on your plane like they do in real life.
  9. DO NOT CLOSE X-PLANE 10 NOW.
    Important: Before closing X-Plane ten, carry out steps 2-5 (including changing gamma to 1.6). This will make it easier next time you start X-Plane, you will only need to change the gamma to 3.4.

Please enjoy and post screenshots to let me know how things went!

Edited by Colin S