Just a preview of CZBB, from PNWS

Colin S

So folks, this is my next release from my website http://www.pnws.weebly.com/, and my final freeware, simply to demonstrate what I am capable of. (just a reminder, my scenery will always be extremely cheap, never more than $3.00, most will be under $2.00, some as low at $0.99)

I intend to release the first beta on Remembrance Day (November 11th). There will be minimal 3D objects in all my scenery as I believe how it looks from the air is what is important. You can't see a bollard from 15,000 feet.

This charming little airport is one of the busiest in Canada, so be warned. Also, it kind of gets in the way of CYVR a bit and has a beautiful view over the not-so-beautiful-in-real-life Mud Bay (yes that's a real name). I will eventually create image overlays to make mud bay look real as well, low priority though. I hate mud. I hate it Jacques!

For more photos than what I included here, pleas visit my website and go to Downloads > CZBB

PLEASE NOTE THAT I HAVE NOT YET CREATED A CUSTOM AIRPORT LAYOUT, THIS IS JUST THE SETTING AND THE ORTHOPHOTOS.

Check the images in MY next post, they contain my custom layout. I don't have lighting set up correclty yet, I just have crappy default X-Plane stuff so far, however, I have a friend who knows this airport inside out and he will be my consultant for this one as well as langley.

2488593_orig.png

5312689_orig.png

1071950_orig.png

Edited by Colin S
  • Upvote 1

Looks good so far.

I actually fly out of CZBB in real life, so I can tell you that everything looks pretty accurate. It will be nice to see a highly accurate Boundary Bay, one from which I can easily park on apron 1, and taxi via alpha to runway 12, or 07. Takeoff with a Nickel departure, fly over Mud Bay towards Blackie Spit and Nickel...

Return via King George and the Gas Station, back for a smooth landing on 12...

Any chance your going to model the land marks like Blackie Spit, Nickel, the Gas Stations, and King George Airpark? How about buildings and hangers at CZBB?

Looks good so far.

I actually fly out of CZBB in real life, so I can tell you that everything looks pretty accurate. It will be nice to see a highly accurate Boundary Bay, one from which I can easily park on apron 1, and taxi via alpha to runway 12, or 07. Takeoff with a Nickel departure, fly over Mud Bay towards Blackie Spit and Nickel...

Return via King George and the Gas Station, back for a smooth landing on 12...

Any chance your going to model the land marks like Blackie Spit, Nickel, the Gas Stations, and King George Airpark? How about buildings and hangers at CZBB?

So, since you asked... I have a map with the King George Airpark... but I can't find it on other maps. I will need to be able to do this before creating it for X-Plane :) Also, Blackie Spit will be part of the pack that will be available for a very low price eventually (like $1.00 to $1.75) of CYXX, CYNJ, CZZB, CYYJ, CAK3... I can't do anything as far north as CYVR, which is a pity, since that would be SO FUN. (I'm weird, I love spending days at a time staring at my computer screen manually drawing out taxiways). Give me the coordinates of the thingies you want modeled and there just MIGHT be a surprise waiting in this scenery pack!

Oh, and here's another preview, further along in development... I know the approach markings are way more worn out than that but I'm not that advanced in scenery editing.

PS - I intend to create 3D buildings for this scenery once my payware stuff is underway.9489570_orig.png?0

4176381_orig.png?09687780_orig.png?0

• Upvote 1