Hair/Fur or Textures Only in the Dev Process??

Hawk UK

I'm currently in the process of learning just what X-Plane 10 is capable of from a developers point of view.....

Can anyone tell me wether X-plane is capable of rendering "Hair/Fur", or are we limited to "Texture" based detail only during the rendering process?

Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)

Regards,

Hawk.

I suspect you're talking about grass when you speak of hair/fur?

Hi, Redfisher....

Yes, indeed I am thinking mainly about the rendering of realistic grass, other than having to use textures..... Or the combination of the two techniques to keep the load down a little. :)

Edited by Hawk UK

Hi, Redfisher....

Yes, indeed I am thinking mainly about the rendering of realistic grass, other than having to use textures..... Or the combination of the two techniques to keep the load down a little. :)

You'll need a texture(s) either way you do it, whether you use a billboard technique or high-poly 3d grass.

You'll need a texture(s) either way you do it, whether you use a billboard technique or high-poly 3d grass.

Thanks for the reply, Redfisher. But I'm talking about using the 'Partical' system to generate grass, and was wondering if X-Plane 10 has a partical generator integrated into it's graphic engine or not?

Thanks for that, Redfisher..... As there is very little up to date info(Or should I say totally disorganised info) wether it be manuals or how-to's, I'm relying on the experienced dev's and my own research to know exactly what X-Plane 10 is capable of....

I thought this was the case, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks again. :)