NAV1 Frequency Changes Unexpectedly

peridoc

First let me say that I am new to X-Plane (not to flight sims) and new to the CRJ 200. I started up the sim and loaded the CRJ and started to fly from KHSV toward the GAD VOR. (without a flight plan filed) I had set the VOR frequeency in my NAV1, but after a few minutes the NAV1 frequency suddenly changed to a different frequency and a totally different VOR. I reset the frequency and a few minutes later the same thing happened. This repeated over and over. I am not sure why this is happening, but since I did not notice this prior to the CRJ install, I thought I would start by asking here. Any thoughts?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I would like to know why this is happening.

Thanks!

I started up the sim and loaded the CRJ and started to fly from KHSV toward the GAD VOR. (without a flight plan filed) I had set the VOR frequeency in my NAV1, but after a few minutes the NAV1 frequency suddenly changed to a different frequency and a totally different VOR. I reset the frequency and a few minutes later the same thing happened. This repeated over and over.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I would like to know why this is happening.

Not a stupid question at all.

I suspect the NAV RADIO was still in "AUTO" mode and not "MAN". (see the [RADIO] page on the MCDU.

post-7830-0-45460700-1350326196_thumb.jp

Note: After I fly over the GAD VOR, the NAV1 RADIO automatically changes to the GAD frequency 112.3 because I had left the NAV1 radio in "AUTO" mode. THe NAV2 stays on GAD 112.3 because it's in Manual (MAN) mode.

post-7830-0-92801600-1350326470_thumb.jp

cessna729.

Edited by cessna729

• 2 weeks later...