SeaMax water landings--How??

reball

If anyone could help, would most appreciate it. Just installed the SeaMax, and have had no problems other that touching down on water. No matter what speed, angle of attack or flap settings, touching down results in an uncontrolled bumb upwards. I am using XP 10.10r3. I tried some landings on land with gear down, and can do very smooth landings--it is only the water that's the problem, and that's my main reason for wanting this plane. Can anyone advise? It makes no difference whether the water rudders is down or up. Thanks!

Dick

Just to apologize for bad typing--should have said a bump on water touchdown, and should have said, of course, landing gear was raised, so a clean hull was making contact. I saw many beautiful water landings on Youtube, but these were with XP 9, so I'm wondering if my problem is XP 10.10r3. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks again.

Dick

For all I know, the water in v10 is even more realistic and at least unchanged from v9. Could be a problem with the plane though. Try to touch down as gently as possible to prevent bouncing. You may just be landing too hard. My $.02.

-NR

Edited by Ntr09

Thanks ntr09 and Kaphias. I did some stall speed checking and found out I was contacting the water way too fast, around 60 mph, whereas the plane seems to stall with full flaps more like 45-48 mph, so I lowered the speed and can now do a reasonably good water landing even with wave height increased to 0.4 feet. In retrospect, J Rollon did a masterful job of programming this very light and buffetable plane. I now really love it. Appreciation for the good pointers.

Dick