My first project 787

Vezirgiannis

Congrats Zroman. You have successfully taken over Vezirgiannis's thread. I feel another pointless debate coming...

EDIT: Good job Vezirgiannis, keep it up.

don't worry, i won't debate, i'm only here offering criticisms, after all, no plane is going to get better unless someone is there to say what needs improvement.

you're right! sorry, the photo i have is of the prototype, not the final release model. however, the design of the forward brace vs the rear brace isn't identical, they are different, you got the rear brace correct, but the forward (drag brace) is not the same, the cross-strut should extend up into the wing

again, good job!

beautiful work on the rear gears! absolutely perfect!

as for the nose gear, there are some things that are clearly off, but seeing how quickly you did the rear gears, i have no worries.

just a note, most people don't realize that those two cylinders above the tire actually do some work to steer the plane,

88875_1281458350.jpgyou can see in this photo, the cylinders pivot side to side, pushing the tire

here's a shot of my own nose gear

post-8539-0-67857900-1346813888_thumb.pn

Edited by Michael_Chang
  • Upvote 1

You want to build off 787 pictures but you'r using a 777 as a reference? Acurracy only comes from the pictures of plane you are making....

Also, you post pictures and info to your fellow developer by sending him a message, not by filling this thread up with 777... Just sayn'

I am looking foward to Vesirgirannis's next post with some development news!

you dont have to post pictures of the 787's gear, the only thing you need to know is what he is talking about, which in this case the rotation cylinders that rotates the nose gear. BTW he only post one pic, not "filling up the thread with 777".

as well, i also look forward to your work! :) can wait for next update!

You want to build off 787 pictures but you'r using a 777 as a reference? Acurracy only comes from the pictures of plane you are making....

Also, you post pictures and info to your fellow developer by sending him a message, not by filling this thread up with 777... Just sayn'

I am looking foward to Vesirgirannis's next post with some development news!

i'm using the 777 as a reference because it uses the same steering system as the 787