[Feature request] "Close" button on pop-up avionics

charly

Hi all!

Was thinking about a potential new feature during tonight's flight.

I do pop-up / pop-off PFD & NAV screen lots of times a flight, mainly to be able to access the controls underneath (A/P switches & knobs, QNH setting, NAV scale...).

BUT: almost everytime I want to pop-off a screen, this pop-up (or another one) is placed on top of the "pop-off" click zone. So, I have to drag it, before I can click to pop-it-off.

SO: would be sooo nice to me to have on the top-right corner of the pop-ups a tiny zone to pop it off (little cross or something similar).

Pilots, would you enjoy it? (guess Philipp will want more than 1 interested user before investing time on that).

Cheers,

Charles

ho! and BTW, another one I was thinking about: when I pop up several screens, they overlay all each others in the bottom-left corner: I'd love that every single screen pops-up in a different initial position. Of course, the behavior of retaining their last position after it was changed is a must to keep. Just speaking about the default initial position.

Hello, Cameron.

You mean answered here?

Pilotview - set up and used. FOV? 65° already. I "only" have 19' screen with 1280x1024 rendering, maybe here's the issue.

I'd appreciate getting this "close" button on popups, too, as wadesworld. But I understand it won't be.

Thks anyway.

Charles

The post in question is here: http://forums.x-pilo...1-2/#entry29935

Hi Cam,

OK for remembering position - glad it's in the todo.

But my (main) request is not about resizing or remembering position of popups: it's about adding a "close" button on the popup itself.

To avoid having to find the blank screen in the 3D cockpit when I want to discard the popup.

Cheers,

Charles

Well, we originally had the close button on the top right screw of the display frames, that's why the screw still features a red X instead of a regular philippshead. However, we found most people found the display frames too obtrusive and fly without them - so using the screw as a close button was no longer an option.

I can however bring the close button back as an invisible click zone in the upper right corner of the displays themselves - with no visual clue. Try the CDU, there it should still work this way. Do you think you'd be happy with using "invisble" close buttons?

Philipp

Hi Philipp!

Oh YES! for sure. I didn't remember about display frames, 'cause I disabled it from the very first day.

A little invisible zone on the upper right corner would be OK I guess. The only risk is for "non-aware" users to mistakenly discard the popup instead of dragging it if they click on the wrong zone - so it has to be a little one.

Idea for workaround: if X-Planes allows, can a right-click on popup discard it? (may cause issues on XP10 with cockpitmouselook). Double-clik may also be an option if it exists in X-Plane.

Whatever solution I'll be happy to try! Tell me how I can help.

Thks Philipp!

Charles