[SOLVED] Problem with GPU

danhenri

Hello,

I installed the CRJ in xp10 (10.05r1) : I can't connect the GPU when the aircraft is on apron. The GPU can only be connected when the plane is on the runway : not the good place to do, isn't it ?! (I mean that when the EXT AC POWER function is pressed, the text does not light in green, nor the GPU button on the over panel).

Strange that nobody has noticed this issue yet...

Daniel.

.... (I mean that when the EXT AC POWER function is pressed, the text does not light in green, nor the GPU button on the over panel)......

Hi danhenri, Have you made sure you have set the parking brake before attempting to hit the EXT AC POWER button?

(see page 9 of the excellent CRJ200_Tutorial_1.1.0.pdf)

• I switch off the warning and caution flashing lights pressing both buttons.

• APU / AC electronics. In this case I am going to ask for a external GPU to have energy, and that way we won’t burn fuel from the APU. To do that we have to:

• we popup the FMS (can be done with the 3D FMS also. On 2D FMS you won’t see keys animated, on 3D yes).

• Press the MCDU MENU button.

• press the EXT AC POWER Left Function Key that is next to the label (1LK) it will change to green (because programming it may take a little to change condition from white to green. That was made that way for saving performance) (fig 3). Ok.. we have now GPU connected outside! (fig 4) (ensure you have set parking brakes, because if they are not on, you won’t be able to have the GPU).

cessna729.

I checked this one more time (indeed, in x-plane 10 the parking brakes are off after start up), but unfortunately, same result : GPU unable...

Hi danhenri, Which airport? have you tried another airport? and are you starting X-Plane "cold & dark on the ramp", or "engines running"? And are you starting X-Plane with the CRJ-200 loaded or are you starting with another aircraft then swop to the CRJ? Are you using the latest version CRJ Ver 1.4.5?

cessna729.

... but unfortunately, same result : GPU unable...

As the "boss says", you need to make sure the parking brake is fully ON,

This is not enough.

post-7830-0-99894100-1334950391_thumb.jp

You need it at least this much.

post-7830-0-36556000-1334950370_thumb.jp

Before the GPU can be enabled.

post-7830-0-07418100-1334950508_thumb.jp

You could always use the keyboard key "V" to toggle the Parking Brake. :)

p.s,Japo32 I know its the wrong Forum but I couldn't wait to say She is looking fantastic (ECJ-32)! :wub: :wub: :wub:

When can I put my pre-order in?

edit: corrected my error, as Philip correctly said by default it's "V" not "B" for toggle max brakes, (I forgot I had re-defined my machine to give "B" for brakes, cos it's easyer for old codgers like me to remember :wacko:, so on my machine both V & B toggle the brakes).

Edited by cessna729

Ok gentlemen, "elementary my dear Watson", I used "B" key on keyboard on XP 9 : I did the same in XP 10, and I believed the brakes were full applied because the brake button is then leveling up a little bit and "parking brakes" is ON in the checklist (of checklister). Indeed, I had to use the V key. It remains that you can set the GPU on the runway, even is the brakes are OFF...

Thanks a lot,

Daniel.