What is the relationship between Honeycomb Configurator profile and Xplane 12 hardware settings? Which overrides?

I am running a profile from the Honeycomb configurator to set up my Honeycomb throttle quadrant. I have seen some notes that suggest I make sure my "other settings are all on None". If I run my Honeycomb profile, should I go into Xplane 12 and set all those hardware settings to none?  Does the profile override the xplane settings? Are the profile settings reflected in the xplane settings? How can I know for sure which settings each button is set to perform? Is there a source document I can refer to on the Honeycomb process and how it affects xplane? 

On 8/29/2024 at 11:48 AM, Lauramks2 said:

If I run my Honeycomb profile, should I go into Xplane 12 and set all those hardware settings to none?

You don't want any overlap. Personally I use X-Plane for as much as possible, i.e. all axes, simple buttons, etc.

Does the profile override the xplane settings?

In a sense; the bridge will execute whatever it's been programmed by the profile, regardless of what X-Plane's control configuration is, and neither are aware of the other.

Are the profile settings reflected in the xplane settings?

No.

How can I know for sure which settings each button is set to perform?

That would be in the configurator tool. If there's overlap between it and X-Plane then you'll get getting duplicate actions and things will go badly.

Is there a source document I can refer to on the Honeycomb process and how it affects xplane?

That would be a question for Aerosoft. Maybe there's some included documentation. Otherwise, it's an X-Plane plugin that uses the XPLM SDK as set out on LR's developer website.