Glacier...ummmmm MAXX?

JohnMAXX

Cant wait Thanks John this will look great with Alpilotx HD meshing

Larry

Thanks Larry,

If you look close you can see the use of specular highlights. I came across this result as mistake when trying to implement normal maps. Now that I have looked at it I think this effect is better since the normals might look too plastic........

John

LOL, love the lame jokes.

BTW John, nice work on the glaciers! Problem is, I don't fly over glaciers often... ;)

Yeah I figure a few people might wonder Glaciers? Really? I look at it two ways...1.Bush flying 2. If by chance departing an airport and you catch the glacier out of the corner of your eye it adds more depth to the scenery....

And as a value add to me an exercise in using more advanced texture techniques for better results. I am still learing and many of the changes in XP10 still are not implemented or documented...... I have heard some folks complain that 10 looks very much like 9....There is some truth to that, but the underlying differences in how 10 handles scenery have the potential to completely shift the look of X-Plane... :-) (sorry I am ranting LOL)