Light under MCP - How to turn off or down

Posted (edited)

I have tried everything 'obvious', every panel and floodlight control I can find, nothing worked.

EDIT: ok. so I reloaded the sim and aircraft and the light is working now, full right on that background control turns on the fluorescent light, turning left turns it off :) Certainly was not doing that before and the background control was the first knob I went for. You might notice in my original screenshot all the background lighting was off yet the fluorescent was still on? Seems fine now, thanks again.

Edited by MrSmeghead
Clarification

Happy to get it sorted - weird, though.

The only "other" way to trigger the fluorescent light is to turn on the emergency panel lighting by disconnecting all AC sources during flight (standby power takes over). This will trigger the tube to turn on...but I see that the instruments are powered in a normal way in your first screenshot, so that can´t be it.

IXEGonstby.thumb.jpg.2c74b496eaabdde34e5c77be82167f09.jpg

It all seems fine now, just restarted a couple of flights and I can't reproduce it. The only other thing I did on the first flight was to use the cabin crew settings to turn off all galley and cabin lighting but turned on cabin emergency lights. I only noticed the original issue because the lighting at night is done very, very well and the  fluorescent light was spoiling it :)

• Like 1