unable to save panel state or flight

On 7/28/2023 at 8:45 PM, Pils said:

You have to be loaded into the plane to save a state, not when you first select an airframe/state after starting a flight.

Hi,

I had to reinstall XP and the CL650. Before that, I was able to save the current state in the Airframe Manager (allowing me to start my flight with the airplane ready for TKOF, or on final for instance), but now when I click on the save button, nothing happens.
There is probably something I do or have done differently but I can't see what. Any idea?

X-System2.jpg

Edited by fcAero38
Some typos corrections

On 7/2/2024 at 3:54 AM, Pils said:

Maybe it doesn't recognize that airframe as loaded (you'd normally see #Loaded next to it in the list on the left)? Try loading a second airframe and go back to this one?

Yes, there was (or is) a misunderstanding about the "loaded" status and I didn't actually remember having the #loaded displayed right beside the airframe's name.

I thought I just had to select the airframe in the manager then go into the cockpit and start the airplane, but it doesn't seem to work like that. So, when I create a new airframe, I can't obtain the "loaded" status whithout going to the FBO first. Is it the way it should be done, or is there another possible way to load it?

14 hours ago, fcAero38 said:

Is it the way it should be done, or is there another possible way to load it?

Shouldn’t matter as long as you press the FLY button and the airframe is loaded. But maybe there’s bugs. Regardless having multiple airframes in the list may be necessary for full functionality.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Pils said:

Shouldn’t matter as long as you press the FLY button

Indeed this is the issue, there's no >Fly< button, only the >Enter FBO< button.

The >Fly< button appears (as well as the #loaded tag) only if I go to the FBO first and then back to the airplane. But at least, it works and from here I can save or load a situation.

Edited by fcAero38

7 minutes ago, fcAero38 said:

Indeed this is the issue, there's no >Fly< button, only the >Enter FBO< button.

The >Fly< button appears (as well as the #loaded tag) only if I go to the FBO first and then back to the airplane. But at least, it works and from here I can save or load a situation.

Oh I think the button label changes depending on if the plane was moving,  or stopped not near a runway, when the state was saved? Not 100% the logic there, but that's not what I meant. Maybe that's what reality shows though. Or some other combination of circumstances. Hopefully the dev reads this thread eventually.