CL650 Installer/Uninstaller "Child Killed: Illegal Instruction error?

theplanefreak

Attempting to uninstall and reinstall the CL650 to get a clean install. Upon running the installer for v1.7, I receive the error attached below, and the installer terminates. 

I have attempted to manually delete the aircraft files in X-Plane12\Aircraft\X-Aviation, as well as the all associated files in X-Plane 12\Output. Upon running the installer, I receive the same error. 

I have also attempted to use JUST the uninstaller located in X-Plane 12\X-Aviation, and I have noticed windows will not open or execute the .exe for the cl650. It will however execute the uninstallers for the other aircraft (Inslander, Sr22, etc) so I am suspecting of an issue with the uninstaller file. I have disabled all computer antivirus measures while attempting these steps as well, with no luck. Is there a place to download just the uninstaller? Or perhaps where could I find the log for the installer? I'm unsure of my next steps and I have no clue what this error means?

cl650_error.PNG

If you have manually removed the CL650, best course of action here is to manually delete the uninstaller located in X-Plane/X-Aviation. This will get you back to a fresh starting point and no Windows Registry issues to worry about.