CRJ2 Performance Planning

Kyle Sanders

I have been flying the JROLLON CRJ200 for a while now. I have made MANY attempts at understanding the TRIM table that he has made. I have come across this spreadsheet that calculates it for you that was approved by for use by JROLLON.

For example: I have a planned flight from KATL to KIAD (attached is the .pdf file for this flight)

After all is calculated, the LITOW is not within range. It brings me to a LITOW of 12. This is not possible when trying to find on the provided chart for a MAC%.

This has been a CONTINUOUS problems since I have purchased the CRJ2.

Every flight I conduct, this SAME situation arrises.

I have been assured by Mr. Rollon before that it is because X-Plane does not simulate the COG correctly... but that does not make sense to me because the chart by itself is not working.

I have, before and currently, just used the charts provided with the aircraft file manually and it does the SAME thing.. So that is why i am now posting here... does anyone else have this problem? I believe i am doing something wrong.. but i just don't know what it is.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! :D

Also, I would like to have a chart that provides the Optimum Flight Level for a given gross weight... an example for what i am looking for is also attached. It is a simple B787 Long Range Cruise Control chart.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Hi Kyle,

spent some thoughts on this topic the last days too. Oh boy how i was diggin for that "Long range cruise control" chart for the CRJ. Did not find one...

So this post is quite old...maybe you have found something in the meantime?

About the Trim stuff: Since the position of the single passengers is not simulated in X-Plane, which means that even a rightly calculated trim does not make any difference, i don´t bother with it really. I just take off, then hold trim up and slowly release the stick. Works for me.

Cheers

Chris

Chris,

Yes I have found that it is nearly impossible to calculate this OPFL manually lol

I have spoke to real regional airline pilots about this and it is a specialized software the company has and is automated and is sent to the FMC of the aircraft via the ACARS system.

If you see on places like Flightaware.con you will see the climb to cruise takes about 1/3 if the flight time in a CRJ and then they stay at cruise for about 5-15min the star a descent. This is rediculous to me!!!! But in the end- it is apparently fuel efficient to keep climbing to that higher cruise altitude then it would be to level off at a lower altitude for a return of longer cruise phase.

Hope this helps.