[SOLVED] PFD and EFIS stays black - no xsquawkbox issue!!

TOBS

As the xsquawkbox threat is closed I tried a clean installation - I discovered tonight that I have the same issue without the xsquawkbox plugin. After activation a clean installation of verion 1.4.2 the PFD and the EFIS stays black after GPU ON and AC IN USE. CDU screen is working.

I think we should do an approach to this issue without the xsquawkbox problem.

Win7 64bit Nvidia GTX580, Driver WHQL 285.62

On the Logfile you see some plugins but I tried it without any of them!

Regards Tom

Log.txt

After upgrade to the latest nvidia driver it starts working again but only once - after a new xplane start it stays black again.

I reinstalled the nvidia driver - no change - still dark.

Interesting thing is that I had already the latest driver when it stops working. Then I downgraded to the latest whql but it made no difference. Now back to the latest it works again and stops again as mentioned above.

About XP9 I do not have it on my machine.

Regards Tom

About XP9 I do not have it on my machine.

Hi, Tom,

As we troubleshoot this further it would be appreciated if you could install the demo version of XP 9 to your computer and try this out.

Since we cannot duplicate your issue on this end, the more info we can get from you the better.

Hi, Tom,

As we troubleshoot this further it would be appreciated if you could install the demo version of XP 9 to your computer and try this out.

Since we cannot duplicate your issue on this end, the more info we can get from you the better.

I will and let you know.

Regards Tom

Hello Gang!

I am a brand new owner of the CRJ for XPX (full install), and I am experiencing the very same problem (CRJ version 142 as well - downloaded from XP.org store). I just finished posting another separate topic on this very same issue.

Thanks for any help!

Dennis D. Mullert

Issue solved here folks!

The problem was that I never activated the first installation because XOP.org had not included an activation code on my purchase receipt. I re-installed the aircraft and asked XP.org sales support to provide an activation code (which they did), and all is well now.

Happy flying.

Dennis D. Mullert

Same here after a complete re-install including deletion of all old CRJ Folders. PFDs staying black, CDU working. Before the re-install it worked good, even after the updates. Driver 290.53. Trying the recent beta now.

Hi, There,

Please post your log.txt after opening the CRJ.

Very odd.

I've only personally had this problem in XP10, and it was solved with the NVidia driver update + some fixes from Supnik which was later released in a new version of 10.

We may have to wait for Philipp to help diagnose this one. He's intermittently away for the week, but he'll get to it when he can.

Your log, your activation info on this end, and your description of what's happening when you load the CRJ with blank screens from the start all point to an issue that is NOT activation related. I'm not sure if there are some pieces of old drivers that should be deleted that aren't actually getting so, or what. Very odd indeed.

I did a new install oaf the latest driver - made registry cleanings with 2 different apps. I agree there must be old parts of drivers - but I have definitely no idea how to get rid of that. Even when I deinstall the driver after restart an old driver is installed which I cannot find - I always have to install a new driver over an old one. Which should be no problem cause nvidia makes an deinstallation before installation.

OK after this installation and those (incomplete) cleaning PFD and EFIS have been back to work. Then I shut down xplane rebooted the computer and started xplane again - PFD and EFIS are black again. Weired thing is that this problem only occurs with the CRJ200.

I have to find out how to clean up everything from nvidia - on the other hand the win7 installation is only 2 month old - so to much old things are there.

But anyway thnx for the moment I put the CRJ into the hangar just beneath the MU2 - try to clean my machine and wait for philipps ideas.

Regards Tom

Just for Kicks folks...........and just in case...........when you de-install and re-install, are you guys activating the CRJ with the activation code? Are you all getting an activation window asking for an activation code? I was experiencing the very same issue you all describe here and I solved it by registering the product. I purchased my CRJ from the XPlane.org Store and I purchased the CRJ they never sent an activation code. I wasn't until I started having these issues that something "clicked in my mind" and I sent them an e-mail asking for a registration code which they immediately sent. The first time I installed the CRJ, since I had no activation code from XP.org I just clicked activate without entering a code and the sim took me right to the airplane (as if it had been activated), but with both PFDs black and no way to get them alive. So - again, this may sound "very basic" but I'll throw it out there!!!!

Cheers!

Dennis D. Mullert

Hi, Tom,

Just to add to this conversation, more info on why 285.62 Nvidia driver shouldn't be used for XP is here: http://developer.x-p...vidia-artifact/

Yes Cameron I know - I had conversation with Ben about this ghosting and made some testing for him to figure out what driver caused the problem. But in the end it was a bug in xp which is corrected meanwhile.

BTW I cleaned old driver stuff - but still no success.

Regards Tom

Edited by TOBS