[SOLVED] 1.4.2 STAR Selection Issues

Kyle Sanders

Everything seems to be working ok... (no crashing lol)

Except that the STAR selection is still not working the way it should:

I am setting up a route between KLAX-KPHX.

-As “HOLTZ9 TRM J169 BLH GEELA4”

I first POS INT as I should.

Then input the arriving airport.

I input TRM into the FLPN page as the first waypoint.

I then go to the 2/2 FLPN page to input J169 for “VIA” and then BLH for “TO”.

I now go to the DEP/ARR page and select RUNWAY 25R and then GEELA4.25R.

Then select DEP/ARR page again then to ARR.

Here I select ILS 25L and then GEELA4.25L (does not give me a TRANS option, idk if it is just automatic due to the fact that the EXIT of the main route is BLH and also the TRANS for the STAR...)

I now go to the LEGS page and the DEP and ROUTE are all there but it still goes straight from BLH direct to KPHX... There are NO waypoints from the STAR provided.

Thanks,

Kyle

Docromano: Your report lacks important information:

Which STAR are you using and where are you when you try to select which waypoint as a direct-to.

Please keep in mind that dependent waypoints may not be used on the DIR-TO page. This is not a limitation I made up, but it is how the real unit works. Quote from the Rockwell Collins FMS4200 training guide:

Many SIDs and STARs contain conditional waypoints that have no fixed geographical location, such as a heading to an altitude leg or a vectors leg. Although these types of waypoints show on the ACT DIRECT TO page, they cannot be selected for DIRECT-TO navigation.

@Kyle: Looks like you selected only the procedures, but missed to activate the transitions. On the MOD ARRIVAL page, make sure to review the available transitions for each procedure, and press the PREV/NEXT PAGE keys as necessary to review the list.

Philipp

Edited by philipp

Philipp- Thank you, I had choose my STAR GEELA4 and it so happened that i was on the 2/3 page for a list of TRANSITIONS... i have found it... but if you recreate the flight i did... i choose the BLH transition... then if you follow threw the STAR chart (attached) it skips the waypoint SPINK and then it does not allo us to choose between going to MNSTR or to PUNNT depending on what way we are landing on the airport that day... I have not tested other airports for this but who do i contact about this or is it even fixable?

Thank you sir for your continued support,

Kyle

I've looked it up in the database:

GEELA4.25L goes over MNSTR to GATWA, from where you have to expect ATC vectors to the final approach (which begins at FIXAR)

GEELA4.07R goes over PUNNT to CAGOR, from where you have to expect ATC vectors to the final apporach (which begins at ALLIS).

So by choosing the destination runway 25L vs 07R you choose whether the STAR continues with MNSTR or with PUNNT after GEELA.

In my database, BLH transition to GEELA goes over SCOLE-SNNRA-LZIRD to HYDRR, SPINK is not in the route - perhaps it was added in a newer cycle. The chart you posted is effective with 1112, the database shipped with the CRJ is older. If you want newer data, you can buy it at http://www.navigraph.com

Philipp

EDIT: Checked with cycle 1201 - SPINK is in there.

Edited by philipp

I've looked it up in the database:

GEELA4.25L goes over MNSTR to GATWA, from where you have to expect ATC vectors to the final approach (which begins at FIXAR)

GEELA4.07R goes over PUNNT to CAGOR, from where you have to expect ATC vectors to the final apporach (which begins at ALLIS).

So by choosing the destination runway 25L vs 07R you choose whether the STAR continues with MNSTR or with PUNNT after GEELA.

In my database, BLH transition to GEELA goes over SCOLE-SNNRA-LZIRD to HYDRR, SPINK is not in the route - perhaps it was added in a newer cycle. The chart you posted is effective with 1112, the database shipped with the CRJ is older. If you want newer data, you can buy it at http://www.navigraph.com

Philipp

EDIT: Checked with cycle 1201 - SPINK is in there.

Philipp, Thank you VERY much for you help. I cannot believe i did not catch the 25 vs 07 runway part.. that is common since... lol

I will now update my NAVDATA from navigraph.

Keep up the GREAT work!