DC3 V2 Not loading and crashing X-plane 12 to steam launcher.

Alyfmly

Looks to me that the aircraft is not yet activated, right? In that case, there is a bug in my code, when the aircraft is not activated, that might cause the crash. Please load a default aircraft (like C172), put in you logging information, and the load DC-3. This needs to happens only one time, and it will be fixed in the next update.

Edited by airfighter

That did work for just a moment.   I could see the cockpit interior but it crashed after a few seconds.   I did some digging around the activation issue and found a fix.  I used the following solution from  @Sluijens

Thanks for your help.

---------------------------------------

@Sluijsens I found the solution: I renamed the "xa_validate.xpl" that is in win_x64 to "_xa_validate.xpl". I then copy pasted the "xa_validate.xpl" that is in the mac_x64 folder in the xa_validate folder in the plugins folder of the "IXEG 737 Classic Plus" folder and BAM it works: no more CTD! (I also installed the latest Xplane 12 beta though before I copy pasted the "xa_validate.xpl" file from the mac_x64 into the win_x64 the latest Xplane 12 beta did also CTD with the IXEG 737 Classic Plus. WOW! Works now! Cheers, Clément

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw this thread and I wanted to give some context to the "solution". First of all it was indeed on a thread I started about an issue I had with activating the IXEG 737 Classic Plus on XP12, but the work-around was from @clecorouge. He has done some digging around and found this was a way he could see something happen other than a crash. Of course using the mac version of the plugin for windows should not be called a solution as it might seem to work, but i may not activate everything correctly as the 2 plug-ins exist separately for a reason. For me, for example, it didn't work at all.

That being said, the fact is that it should just work as-is and the IXEG-team and/or x-aviation team refuse to work it out because it's only 3 of us who had the issue (4 if we count the issue here as well), even though we offered to run stuff with debugging or extra logging so they can find the culprit. They should have a better idea where to look and we can only offer some cooperation. 

So I am curious if you managed to activate it and them putting back the windows version for example. For me that didn't work either.

6 hours ago, Sluijsens said:

That being said, the fact is that it should just work as-is and the IXEG-team and/or x-aviation team refuse to work it out because it's only 3 of us who had the issue (4 if we count the issue here as well), even though we offered to run stuff with debugging or extra logging so they can find the culprit. They should have a better idea where to look and we can only offer some cooperation. 

The issue in this thread is not related to the one you have. It's a bug in the DC-3 code where if the DC-3 is loaded prior to activation, a crash can occur because of initialization issues. It is known and will be fixed in an update. In the meantime, as has been indicated elsewhere and by others, the interim solution is as simple as loading another aircraft, then the DC-3 for the first time around.

5 hours ago, Cameron said:

The issue in this thread is not related to the one you have. It's a bug in the DC-3 code where if the DC-3 is loaded prior to activation, a crash can occur because of initialization issues. It is known and will be fixed in an update. In the meantime, as has been indicated elsewhere and by others, the interim solution is as simple as loading another aircraft, then the DC-3 for the first time around.

Good to know @Cameron  What is your threshold of complaints to address a bug?