XP is dying ...???

Bulva

XP is dying ...

I'm so sorry, because I was a loyal XP follower until the end.
But the truth is cruel.
Take a look: here are a few (2-6) posts a day.\\
Not much else on x-plane.org.
Pity.
Sorry.
Laminar missed an opportunity.
I'm staying with XP12, but when MSFS 2024 appears, I'm really afraid that XP will become a entirely niche platform..
Most real - yes
It's a pity that it is so different from other airplane games.

On 3/17/2024 at 7:06 PM, Bulva said:

XP is dying ..

Not only is X-Plane not dying, it's expanding. Laminar Research is busy adding features and human resources. XP12 is just now finding its footing (after a year or so major changes) The next update (12.1.0) ought to bear this out, but even then 12.1.0 it is just a starting point.  I think it's going to be the ultimate flight sim.

However, the other sim has some really impressive non-aircraft add-ons, at this moment in time. Some of those add-ons actually makes me envious. I'm smart enough to give props where props are due and, MSFS has earned some props because of these non-aircraft add-ons. Kudos to those devs.

A side note should be Laminar's mention of its "modern collector" which I think it going to be the real game changer. From what I understand, it going to move the sim toward true multi-core processing.

I tend to avoid conversation about which sim is better. Simply stated, each sim is different. The bottom line is that X-Plane is far from dying. :P

• 5 weeks later...

The sad thing about X-Plane is that Laminar doesn't seem to care about their loyal followers. The last few updates have rarely been bug fixes and what is, apparently, in the pipeline doesn't materialize. It's all empty promises and nothing to show for months on end. People are going back to XP11 and what does that tell you. No fun anymore. Looking for something else to do.  

Edited by JVIce
Fix spelling
  • Downvote 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2024 at 8:39 AM, JVIce said:

The sad thing about X-Plane is that Laminar doesn't seem to care about their loyal followers

I guess they dont, thats why they hired all those extra people, just to mock us all, and I guess all the graphic improvements, CPU performance currently worked on and all the weather, aerodynamics improvements come about because they dont care. I wonder how many user really care about laminars efforst??

• Like 4