Take Command! CRJ-200 Version 1.4.1 Update Released!

Cameron

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok!

System is Ubuntu Natty on an I7 8GB

X-Plane 9, CRJ is a clean installation

• Starting from cold and dark
  • Airport is LSZA (Lugano)
  • Position is copied to align IRS
  • APU started, Generator on, Hydraulics etc.
  • Going to the FPLN-Site
  • Klick to activate keyboard

or

• Entering with mouse
  • "CANNE" as SID
  • Klick on the knob on the FPLN Page beside "TO"
  • X-Plane is crashing completely
  • happens with "built-in"-CDU and "html"-CDU

(I know, this isn't correct. The Destination should be entered before,

but this happens too in other situations, like modding the FPLN or clicking the wrong button to insert a hold. One wrong click on a knob beside the CDU-Screen and X-Plane is crashing.)

Sorry about the former unprecise post.

This is a very nice plane, I love it and i can only guess how much work was put in it.

Is there a crash-log on my Ubuntu too?

Greetz

S.

EDVE

Don't know about linux.. but is supposed you have to have a crash-log.txt when a CTD occurs. It has to be in the main directory of xplane.

All the people that is having the crashes.. could you please try over a demo version. You can install paralell and later delete of a demo version of x-plane. That way we can know if that is because system or plugin inside the CRJ.

Thanks!

extrange... try to open the plane again but with engines running in the new parking position.. and see if the GPU can go out.

Starting ENG ON: GPU switch works

Starting ENG ON and change location: GPU switch does not work

Starting ENG OFF : GPU switch works

Starting ENG OFF and change location: GPU switch does not work

Even I restart the plane on the Airport cannot get the GPU switch to work

Regards Tom

Edited by TOBS

@shrader: On Linux, there is no crash log, but you would be my hero of the day if you could post me a gdb trace: http://forums.x-plan...showtopic=29916

@tobs: Which GPU switch exactly? There is the EXT AC power connect button in the overhead, and the GPU power selector in the CDU

Edited by philipp

@shrader: On Linux, there is no crash log, but you would be my hero of the day if you could post me a gdb trace: http://forums.x-plan...showtopic=29916

@tobs: Which GPU switch exactly? There is the EXT AC power connect button in the overhead, and the GPU power selector in the CDU

The GPU selector in the CDU

Reagrds Tom

Edited by TOBS

GNU gdb (Ubuntu/Linaro 7.2-1ubuntu11) 7.2

Copyright © 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.

There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. Type "show copying"

and "show warranty" for details.

This GDB was configured as "i686-linux-gnu".

For bug reporting instructions, please see:

<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...

Reading symbols from /home/msalling/X-Plane 9/X-Plane-i686...done.

(gdb) run

Starting program: /home/msalling/X-Plane 9/X-Plane-i686

[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]

[New Thread 0xb5c30b70 (LWP 2279)]

[New Thread 0xb50b5b70 (LWP 2280)]

[New Thread 0xb4534b70 (LWP 2281)]

[New Thread 0xb39b3b70 (LWP 2282)]

[New Thread 0xb2e32b70 (LWP 2283)]

[New Thread 0xb22b1b70 (LWP 2284)]

[New Thread 0xb1791b70 (LWP 2285)]

Looking for OpenAL here: libopenal.so

Looking for OpenAL here: libopenal.so.1

[New Thread 0xa92fcb70 (LWP 2286)]

Starting thread loader.

IO_Scene of 48,10 (async=0) as 0x9c3fac68

IO_Scene of 48,11 (async=0) as 0x9c3bf098

IO_Scene of 48,12 (async=0) as 0x9c2fa458

IO_Scene of 49,10 (async=0) as 0x9a4a0720

IO_Scene of 49,11 (async=0) as 0x9a8ba728

IO_Scene of 49,12 (async=0) as 0x97aff4b0

Kicking off async tex load.

[New Thread 0x87d9eb70 (LWP 2287)]

ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.rear

ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.center_lfe

ALSA lib pcm.c:2212:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM cards.pcm.side

bt_audio_service_open: connect() failed: Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt (111)

[New Thread 0x7f59bb70 (LWP 2288)]

[Thread 0x7f59bb70 (LWP 2288) exited]

[New Thread 0x7f59bb70 (LWP 2289)]

[Thread 0x7f59bb70 (LWP 2289) exited]

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:957:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) The dmix plugin supports only playback stream

ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1018:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave

[New Thread 0x7f59bb70 (LWP 2290)]

[Thread 0x7f59bb70 (LWP 2290) exited]

[New Thread 0x7f59bb70 (LWP 2291)]

[Thread 0x7f59bb70 (LWP 2291) exited]

[New Thread 0x94a8eb70 (LWP 2292)]

Cannot connect to server socket err = Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

Cannot connect to server socket

jack server is not running or cannot be started

[Thread 0x94a8eb70 (LWP 2292) exited]

[New Thread 0x7f59bb70 (LWP 2293)]

[New Thread 0x81971b70 (LWP 2294)]

[New Thread 0x80f81b70 (LWP 2295)]

[New Thread 0x80591b70 (LWP 2296)]

[New Thread 0x7ed9ab70 (LWP 2297)]

[New Thread 0x7e599b70 (LWP 2298)]

[New Thread 0x7dd98b70 (LWP 2299)]

[New Thread 0x7d597b70 (LWP 2300)]

[New Thread 0x7c919b70 (LWP 2301)]

[New Thread 0x7bb50b70 (LWP 2302)]

[New Thread 0x7b01bb70 (LWP 2303)]

[New Thread 0x7a81ab70 (LWP 2304)]

VRAM needed: 1243873. Trivial VRAM: 2249728. Packed VRAM: 1572864.

Packed efficiency: 0.790833. Unpacked efficiency: 0.552899.

Queueing tex load for any pending degrees we just forced ourselves to do.

[New Thread 0x6a3ffb70 (LWP 2305)]

LINUX: I saw filesystem type "iso9660", but I wanted "udf"

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

0xb7cd26c2 in ?? () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

(gdb) ^CQuit

(gdb)

I think the lines above "programm received ..." are not important, but if I could be your hero of the day ...

just a joke, if Ican do anything to help ...

... the CRJ is the love of my life! (Don't tell that to my wife!)

Greetz

S.

(EDVE)

The GPU button in the CDU.

OK found it! If I open and close the passenger door at the new stand I am able to use the CDU GPU button again - hm strange....

Regards Tom

schrader501, you missed the all-important step:

in the gdb console you will see the crash info ("catched SIGSEG blah blah ....").

- NOW you can create the back trace by simply typing in: bt

you just quitted without doing the "bt" before.

Philipp

Philipp,

as I said I sorted out why I could not use the GPU button in the CDU - this was flying offline without xsquawkbox.

Just now I wanted to do an online flight - but my old problem with your plane occurs again. I restarted the plane, moved locations, opened and closed door so that I can use the CDU GPU button on - AC button on - but the PFD and MAP stays dark. as soon as I remove the xsquawkbox plugins it works again. My win7 64 is a very new setup. I asked about this before I waited for the XP10 updates cause I thought the problem is maybe here but it only occurs with the CRJ200. For me it is a really boaring think this quite expensive software not to use while flying online. What can we do, what can I do...? Has this something to do with the activation, is this maybe an opengl problem - how can we find out?

Maybe an interesting hint - the CDU in the plane is also dark - but it seems to work cause the CDU in my IPAD is working fine. But as I said before PFD EFIS and CDU in the plane are dark with xsquawkbox.

please crj200 developers help in this case.

Regards Tom

Edited by TOBS

For me it is a really boaring think this quite expensive software not to use while flying online.

Tom,

You know this has not always been the case. Things have been quite stable for some time, and 1.4.1 is a big update with apparent growing pains.

Please discontinue with the always negative, demanding posts. I will not hash this out further with you here. There are many customers, all to which we are listening and tending to. Everyone deserves equally fair time and support, and that's how we delegate our time. You may downgrade if you see fit for the moment.

I, as well as the others, are quite tired of the posts from you when you do happen to have a problem that make you feel you demand more attention than everyone else as a paying customer.

This is your only and final warning regarding this. Please consider and think before you post. This is the end of such discussion. Do not respond to and drag this out. You have been informed.

The CRJ is a very well supported product with a team of very dedicated individuals. Updates don't happen "just because." Items will be investigated and fixed in a timely fashion, and I stand by my feeling that this product is among the best supported products in the community.

Tom,

Please discontinue with the always negative, demanding posts. I will not hash this out further with you here. There are many customers, all to which we are listening and tending to. Everyone deserves equally fair time and support, and that's how we delegate our time. You may downgrade if you see fit for the moment.

I, as well as the others, are quite tired of the posts from you when you do happen to have a problem that make you feel you demand more attention than everyone else as a paying customer.

This is your only and final warning regarding this. Please consider and think before you post. This is the end of such discussion. Do not respond to and drag this out. You have been informed.

The CRJ is a very well supported product with a team of very dedicated individuals. Updates don't happen "just because." Items will be investigated and fixed in a timely fashion, and I stand by my feeling that this product is among the best supported products in the community.

Cameron you are getting something wrong - maybe is my english or what you want to hear or think what you want to hear. I am not unfriendly but yes I demand support - of course I pay so I want and deserve support. I am not saying that you are doing something wrong. You remember the MU2 thing - I just wait for the new one cause of your activation thing what you are not able to solve. And here I have this problem with the CRJ200 and only with the CRJ200 and this for a while now. I just ask for help - maybe more times that you like. And maybe I point out things what you do not like to hear cause it is not good for business. But warning me to stopp my questions - is this good?

That´s all do not get me wrong and have in your mind that I do not speak in my mother tongue.

Regards Tom

Edited by TOBS

Tom,

I could care less what you have to say about issues vs. "bad for business." I don't view any of them as such. This comes with the territory of programming plug-ins, so for me to expect that customers would not complain when something goes bad, let alone report bugs is silly. There is nothing you have ever divulged or stated that is any more or any less "bad for business" than anyone else.

My issue is with your demanding attitude. You do this often, it is spoken of often, and it doesn't take many posts to go through from you to see it.

If you want support (or to help us provide you with it), post away about your problems. However, including snide remarks about something being boring, demanding instantaneous help over others also seeking support, and a slew of other negative comments included in bug reports is NOT NECESSARY. Say what you need to say in your support posts and leave the negativity at the door. It's simple.

I really don't feel like digging up each negative remark from you. I consider you smart enough to know what I'm requesting, so I'll leave it at that.

Tom,

I could care less what you have to say about issues vs. "bad for business." I don't view any of them as such. This comes with the territory of programming plug-ins, so for me to expect that customers would not complain when something goes bad, let alone report bugs is silly. There is nothing you have ever divulged or stated that is any more or any less "bad for business" than anyone else.

My issue is with your demanding attitude. You do this often, it is spoken of often, and it doesn't take many posts to go through from you to see it.

If you want support (or to help us provide you with it), post away about your problems. However, including snide remarks about something being boring, demanding instantaneous help over others also seeking support, and a slew of other negative comments included in bug reports is NOT NECESSARY. Say what you need to say in your support posts and leave the negativity at the door. It's simple.

I really don't feel like digging up each negative remark from you. I consider you smart enough to know what I'm requesting, so I'll leave it at that.

Yes, I do not want more Cameron. I only want to solve this xsquawkbox problem. And you must say that it is really silly that I did have to find out to open and close the door after moving the plane to another stand for using the CDU GPU button again, isn´t it. To find this out costs me hours of restarting xplane10 again and again. Same with my xsquawkbox plugin thing. I would not post if I could figure it out myself. Of course sometimes I am confused cause it is difficult to point a problem out which is based on a plugin. This really costs hours! Today I was happy to find out about that open/close the door thing and wanted to participate a LOWI flyin with our VA AirChild (where I am admin for xplane questions) and end up my day in writing support letters - this is boaring not the CRJ200! - if she would be boaring I simply would not touch that plane.

That´s all and I hope you do understand that I am not trying to bother you, your business or your colleagues. And I did a lot for the CRJ200 - I wrote this very long list for custom joystick buttons / keystrokes - cause the CRJ200 had none of this. I think this helped a lot of people who are using hardware to fly that plane.

Regards Tom

Ok, not hero of the day ... :wacko:

Here the lines of interest:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.

0xb7cd26e1 in ?? () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

(gdb) bt

#0 0xb7cd26e1 in ?? () from /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6

#1 0x085873a3 in std::vector<void*, std::allocator<void*> >::_M_insert_aux(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<void**, std::vector<void*, std::allocator<void*> > >, void* const&) ()

#2 0x90cfeb48 in std::vector<void*, std::allocator<void*> >::insert(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<void**, std::vector<void*, std::allocator<void*> > >, void* const&) ()

from /home/xusernamex/X-Plane 9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/lin.xpl

#3 0x90d3d957 in AIRNAV::Navigation::Route::insertWaypoint(AIRNAV::Navigation::Waypoint const&, int, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, bool, bool) ()

from /home/xusernamex/X-Plane 9/Aircraft/X-Aviation/CRJ-200/plugins/CRJAvionics/lin.xpl

#4 0x90ce9355 in AIRNAV::CDU::PageFpln1::RLSK4() ()

#5 0x90ccfa07 in AIRNAV::CDU::PageManager::RLSK4() ()

#6 0x90cd3d36 in openGLCDU<PPL::OverlayGauge>::handleNonDragClick(int, int) ()

---Type <return> to continue, or q <return> to quit---

#7 0x90d82802 in PPL::OverlayGauge::handle2dClickCallback(void*, int, int, int) ()

#8 0xab0a44d2 in XPLMDisplayMouseClickHook(int, int, int) ()

from /home/xusernamex/X-Plane 9/Resources/plugins/XPLM.so

#9 0xab0aae02 in XPLMMouseClickHook ()

from /home/xusernamex/X-Plane 9/Resources/plugins/XPLM.so

#10 0x0834d836 in XPPMouseClickHook(int, int, int) ()

#11 0x080badcf in LIN_handleevt(_XEvent*, int) ()

#12 0x080c6891 in MACIBM_event_proc() ()

#13 0x080adb05 in main ()

Real username is replaced by "xusernamex", sorry, typical paranoia of linux-users. :ph34r:

Thanks, greetz

S.

(EDVE)

there is a bug where you have installed x-plane. If it has long characters in the direction... and your direction is so long.. it crashes in the FMS. Philipp fixed this already in the 1.4.2 version but the testers are testing it.

If you wish to fly now... you could move the whole x-plane folder and try in a shorter place for example c:/xplane that way it should work correctly.

But I think is better to wait if you don't want to move anything (xplane would work without any problem moving all)

(you may have received pretty much this same email yesterday but for some reason I could not access this forum yesterday, here is a more detailed crash report anyways... Good luck lol)

-iMac 27”, Late 2009

Processor 2.8GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB Software MAC OSX LION 10.7.2 (11C74)

-NAVDATA 25AUG11 21SEP11 (supplied with newest update 1.4.1)

-DEPARTURE/ARRIVAL AIRPORTS: KLAX-KPHX

-PLANNED ROUTE: TRM J169 BLH

-SID: HOLTZ9.TRM STAR: GEELA5.BLH

-I first desired to enter the main ROUTE TRM J169 BLH first... Then choose my SID/ STAR’s

-I set everything up per the provided checklist and went to input my first waypoint TRM on the FLPN page in the TO. As soon as I clicked the TO button using the 4RK button... It gives me the spinning rainbow ball and then crashes x-plane. (idk if it helps but if I restart the program.. It starts with the last scenery and aircraft that I had loaded prior to my session with the CRJ crash)

-I now have tried starting up and choosing my DEPARTURE and ARRIVAL airport. Then choosing my SID with my transition TRM.HOLTZ9... Now I can go to the 2nd page of the FLPN and input my J169 with an exit of BLH. I now go back to the ARR page and choose ILS25L.GEELA4 (does not give me a TRANS to choose)... I now go to the LEGS page and it shows a route as input but after BLH it shows DIRECT to KPHX (no waypoints from the GEELA5 arrival- I have provided that chart attached here as well)

-I have attached the PROBLEM REPORT, X-PLANE INSTALLER LOG.TXT, CRASH LOG and the GEELA5 arrival chart.

Regards,

Kyle

@japo32

If your post about the length of installation-path is adressed to me, "xusernamex" is not the real path, my username is only 8 characters long and in Linux I can't move the whole installation to another path because I have no permissions for that. And working or flying with my root account could be dangerous. So if there is no workaround or other solution, I have to take care which button to press.

Thanks for the fast support

Greetz

S.

(EDVE)

@japo32

If your post about the length of installation-path is adressed to me, "xusernamex" is not the real path, my username is only 8 characters long and in Linux I can't move the whole installation to another path because I have no permissions for that. And working or flying with my root account could be dangerous. So if there is no workaround or other solution, I have to take care which button to press.

Thanks for the fast support

Greetz

S.

(EDVE)

Better to just wait for the next patch.

Hello CRJTeam - friendly and polite I repeat my question - how can we fix the xsquawkbox problem. Philpp thinks it is an activation problem, Cameron don´t think so. How can we figure out if it is really not an activation problem. (As I said before the CDU is working on the IPad although I do not see PDF / EFIS / CDU)

Regards Tom

Edited by TOBS

Hello CRJTeam - friendly and polite I repeat my question - how can we fix the xsquawkbox problem. Philpp thinks it is an activation problem, Cameron don´t think so. How can we figure out if it is really not an activation problem. (As I said before the CDU is working on the IPad although I do not see PDF / EFIS / CDU)

Regards Tom

Wait for the next update. It's definitely not an activation issue.

well.. as said.. lets all wait for that 1.4.2 version and see if everything goes well.... BUT when programming it is very common to have these types of bugs. Every person has it's special hardware and software equipment.. so we have to dig in every configuration. Patience is the clue.

Thanks.

I agree to keep patient for the next update. But at the same time i have made a FULLY detailed CRASH and problem report for the CRJ on my last two posts... i would just like some to say "ok" got it... we are looking into it. From what it says up there, nobody except ONE person that i know has even downloaded the LOG.TXT that i provided..

I hope that this is not seeming like i have an attitude... i KNOW you are all working hard to get this fixed but like i said... i have a problem with the crashing and the SID/STARs not showing up... i have provided all resources i can attached to hopefully solve this. I would just like a response of some sort if the people that are posting rude and repudiative comments get replies... i think someone like me who is trying to help productively should get something back lol