Take Command! CRJ-200 Version 1.4.1 Update Released!

Cameron

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The latest CRJ-200 download still won't install, it won't get past the email window. When I put in my email address it says 'You need to specify a value.' I've tried it as administrator, with security software turned off. Windows 7 x64.

This is caused by having text size enlarged in Windows. You'll need to set your text size back to at max 100%. To do this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Make-the-text-on-your-screen-larger-or-smaller

Once you do this, re-run the installer. You will see that a password field is now also visible. The error you are getting is because you are entering a user email, but no password since the larger text is pushing it off the window.

Windows installer won`t accept my email to complete the install. Keeps rejecting saying "You need to specify a Value." ?

Even deleted the first download and re-downloaded to try again. Still says the same.

I get the same problem and I too re-downloaded the update again, same problem.

UPDATE

Reduced the text size on windows desktop and was able to notice that the installer required mu username as well!

Works fine now!

Edited by NGC007

Hope this is the right place to post this but I am having an issue with the crj that I cannot fathom........the loc/nav for fms or nav 1 and nav 2 inputs will not capture at all and it seems like it will just not track the flight plan I inputted the purple guidance cross . I am also getting strange crashes to desktop while using the fms. Any assistance would be great and much appreciated as I did a flight last night from las to lax and had to fly the whole this using the heading bug :(

Hope this is the right place to post this but I am having an issue with the crj that I cannot fathom........the loc/nav for fms or nav 1 and nav 2 inputs will not capture at all and it seems like it will just not track the flight plan I inputted the purple guidance cross . I am also getting strange crashes to desktop while using the fms. Any assistance would be great and much appreciated as I did a flight last night from las to lax and had to fly the whole this using the heading bug :(

Please post your crash_log.txt

I get an immediate CTD when opening the CRJ-200.

I did a clean install on X-plane 10.

Please help, I can't wait to try this awesome update ;-)

forgot to mention that the download/installation were both done 1-2 hours ago, so I assume that this has nothing to do with the "initial" crash issues.

Log.txt

problemreport.rtf

Edited by anders1982

I checked the frame rates of the last version of the CRJ-200 before doing the new install. I was getting 21 fps parked on the runway at an airport with a lot of buildings. With the same view and parked at the same spot with this up-dated CRJ-200 I'm getting 30 fps. Quite an improvement.

:) Yep. Dual-Core users should see an increase in framerate, quad-core users a slight decrease in CPU load. The reason is simple: More work done on the GPU. The CPU has 2, 4 or 8 cores I can use, with the GPU I have up to 400.

Philipp

Is anybody else having troubles installing the update on Mac OS X Lion? After typing in my email address and password, I get the following error:

"Error fetching URL http://www.x-aviatio...ant/wrapper.php".

If I deliberately type in a wrong password, I get a different error saying that email and password don't match, so it seems that I do have connection to the server.

Hi after installing the CRJ2 with the new download - the PFD and the EFIS stays dark and I cannot enable GPU Power on the FMC neither direct via mouse or with the IPAD CDU. I will do a new clean install - and please tell me - in the navigraph airac cycle I find SIDS and STARS in the VAS FMC download but not in the CRJ vers. 1.4.1- do I have to use them in the CRJ200? If yes do you did not put them into the plugin folder on purpose?

Regards Tom

Hi,

Now after reinstall I threw out all plugins which is indeed not possible for operating this aircraft - the PFD is there but I still cannot set the position for aligning the PFD. (Still no SID and STARS in the nav folder!)

The plugins are checklister, xpgf from sandy for go flightmoduels, python interface for the xjoymap with all the custom buttons I made, xarcars, chase view, airport navigator and VRInsight serialFP2 (which does not cause the problem).

Please tell me what to do?!

Did a new download, new install but no change or do I something wrong what I do not know. I still cannot press "SET POS" to align the PFD.

Tom

Edited by TOBS

You can ignore the folders SID and STAR. Important is the folder LevelD_proc.

Please try with a clean install first. If that works, proceed by installing new navdata.

PFD and MFD not lighting up points to an issue with the copy protection, on which Cameron will assist.

Philipp

You can ignore the folders SID and STAR. Important is the folder LevelD_proc.

Please try with a clean install first. If that works, proceed by installing new navdata.

PFD and MFD not lighting up points to an issue with the copy protection, on which Cameron will assist.

Philipp

It is far more complicate loading without any plugin after a clean install let see me PFD and EFIS! But I could never enter the POS to align the PFD artificial horizon.

Tom

Edit:

after removing all plugins I do not see PFD and EFIS

Tom

Edited by TOBS

I still have no clear picture of your problem.

Please post your Log.txt and a screenshot.

Philipp

In the moment itis clear - no PFD no EFIS no other plugins then the default and gizmo / Shrinkwarp

Somtimes after loading I see PFD and EFIS but then I cannot press the POS button to align the artificila horizon on the pfd.

Just now I had the phenomen that I saw PFD and EFIS for a short while and then - dark

I attached screenshots and log file

Regards Tom

Log.txt

post-105-0-51804400-1327516247_thumb.png

post-105-0-19288300-1327516282_thumb.png

Edited by TOBS

Somtimes after loading I see PFD and EFIS but then I cannot press the POS button to align the artificila horizon on the pfd.
I hate to say this, but this sounds like a user error - did you put the IRS 1 and 2 into align mode before entering the coordinates?
Just now I had the phenomen that I saw PFD and EFIS for a short while and then - dark

This sounds exactly like the copy protection kicking in. Cameron, your turn :)

Edited by philipp

Wow, everything looks very fine, but I had to choose X-Plane10 and then switch back to X-Plane9, otherwise X-Plane 9 didn't accept the plane.

But: Very often when I use the CDU (built in), pressing the knobs beside the screen to put a waypoint or something like that in the Flight-Plan, X-Plane crashes completely.

System: Core I7, NVidia GTX 550, 8GB RAM, SSD, Ubuntu Natty

@schrader501 , @retiree_caf:

I need _specific_ descriptions of what you are trying to do, and what you are pressing at the moment it crashes.

"When I press some knobs", or "When using SID and STARs" are not descriptive of what your problem is.

A problem description should include

-the operating system you are using

-the navdata cycle used

-the departure and destination airport

-the planned routing between those

-the SID, Transition, STAR, Transition and Approach at each airport

-the sequence of your entering (do you first enter the route, then the SID, or first the SID, then the route, etc.)

-after the crash, the crash report (crash_log.txt on Windows, crash report from Console.app on Mac)

Philipp

Edited by philipp