Weird behaviour on pushback

Nados

Hiya,

I came across a strange issue while using Better Pushback in the XP12 IXEG 733, where it can't turn as if the nose wheel is locked. I attached an image below. I can work around it fine because it just turns into a straight push, but would be nice to have a turning push. Again, not sure if this is on my end, on Better Pushback's end or IXEG's end. 

Screenshot 2024-03-03 001927.png

There are many problems with "better pushback" and other third party pushback services, also on other aircraft, I recommend to use the default X-Plane pushback service.

I have not followed the discussion, there may have been an update to Better Pushback to fix this, but I think the error message encountered was something like "aircraft does not have steerable nosewheel" or so...

Edited by Litjan
  • Downvote 1

13 hours ago, Litjan said:

There are many problems with "better pushback" and other third party pushback services, also on other aircraft, I recommend to use the default X-Plane pushback service.

I have not followed the discussion, there may have been an update to Better Pushback to fix this, but I think the error message encountered was something like "aircraft does not have steerable nosewheel" or so...

Yeah it has been a bit strange in general indeed. I'll stick to the default one then, thanks :) 

• Like 1

You can make BetterPushback behave itself if you enable the Left Electric Hydraulic Pumps before starting the pushback.

Overhead.png.9f0cbb8a3a4b59a4029cc2b83adf725f.png

As long as there is enough hydraulic pressure in the left system, the aircraft behaves as expected while using BetterPushback...

Gauges.png.1af20f52a094facf7eaf5ba7a741566d.png

• Like 1

It is kinda funny that this seems to work exactly opposite to the real aircraft - in that you normally aspire to DEPRESSURIZE the A hydraulic (to avoid steering the nose gear while the truck is attached), either by inserting the nosegear-steering bypass pin or by depressurizing the A hydraulic by turning OFF the pumps.

• Like 1

Yes, at the moment it looks like the nosegear is only steerable with hydraulic pressure in A. I don't really know, how BetterPushback implements steering but the aircraft somehow has to detect BetterPushback connecting and make the nose gear steerable without hydraulic pressure in the A system.

In other add-on aircraft, you even get the appropiate warning lights when the nose gear steering gets disconnected by BetterPushback "inserting" the nosegear steering bypass pin. So it should be doable, somehow...