Trying to run a plane that is not default or net. !!!

AeroFiles

Trying to run a plane that is not default or net.

I get this error with the X Plane 10 demo.

I downloaded the torrent demo.

Does anyone know what the cause for this is?

I know it is the demo, but if the demo does not work, then I doubt someone would buy the full version of the game.

I would love to have a copy of it, but right now it does not look to good.

I have a Dell XPS 17 3 GB graphics card, 6 GB ram and 8 processors i7.

I can run Flight Simulator X on the best settings without any lag, so why this problem, something else?

I managed to get into the demo once, but at my second try I had no luck, even tried several times more :wacko:

Am dissapointed in the new Flight so would like to convert over to X Plane 10, if I can :unsure:

Does this message show on start-up of the program? or when you choose a specific aircraft?

This is the first itme I have seen someone report a problem such as this so it seems to me that you may have installed the program incoorectly, have you since tried re-installing?

Are all all the files within the aircraft folder of your x-plane folder in order?

Edited by jamesbaby286

Does this message show on start-up of the program? or when you choose a specific aircraft?

This is the first itme I have seen someone report a problem such as this so it seems to me that you may have installed the program incoorectly, have you since tried re-installing?

Are all all the files within the aircraft folder of your x-plane folder in order?

Thanks for the reply.

Problem is solved so it is only fair that I share how.

The log.txt file said something about the default b747-400 so I was told by someone I know to delete the log file and all would be okay again.

It now works fine and the problem is gone :)

For those that don't know where to find the log.txt file, it is in the main x plane 10 root folder.

That doesn't sound right. It sounds like you deleted your preferences, rather than your log.txt. Deleting your log.txt will not change the performance of X-Plane. At least not that I know of. My understanding is that it records what X-Plane is doing, but doesn't have anything to do with the performance. Your preferences tell X-Plane how and what you want it to do. It tells X-Plane how your buttons and controls are set up, where your last flight ended and which aircraft you were flying. If you happen to change the location of the aircraft folder of the last used aircraft, the next time you open X-Plane, it will not be able to find the aircraft and will give you the error message. It will then load the default plane so you can still fly.

That doesn't sound right. It sounds like you deleted your preferences, rather than your log.txt. Deleting your log.txt will not change the performance of X-Plane. At least not that I know of. My understanding is that it records what X-Plane is doing, but doesn't have anything to do with the performance. Your preferences tell X-Plane how and what you want it to do. It tells X-Plane how your buttons and controls are set up, where your last flight ended and which aircraft you were flying. If you happen to change the location of the aircraft folder of the last used aircraft, the next time you open X-Plane, it will not be able to find the aircraft and will give you the error message. It will then load the default plane so you can still fly.

Well that's what I did.

I was told by someone that this was the solution.

He also told me that the preferences folder could be the problem, but all I deleted was the log.txt file and when I did, all worked as it should.

Thats all I know, so if something else made it work by it self, at the same time, maybe. ;)

Agreed with you Steven. The solution (to delete log.txt) makes no sense... as that file is an output only text file, overwritten every time you start XP.

Something else must've changed... oh well, it shall remain a mystery. However, things arw working for AeroFiles; so we'll leave it at that. =)

- CK.