!!!!JRollon!!!! - I NEED PROF HELP! - XSquawkBox and CRJ200

TOBS

Hi Javier or Phillip or to whom it may concern,

I wonder if anybody has the same problem. I cannot use the XSquawkBox plugin with the CRJ200. Mostly the FMC stays dark. Without XSquawkBox plugin it works. To be sure I deleted all other plugins which are not needed for the CRJ - but it makes no difference! The FMC stays dark! It looks like the CRJ is not correct activated but as soon as I put out the XSquawkbox plugin it works.

I am running win7 64bit. Xplane 10beta10 runs from an external Raid system, for testing I have a 2nd xplane on the system drive. I had the same problem on XPlane9. Does anybody has the same issue or ... even better a solution.

Maybe Javier, Philipp or Cameron are having an idea

Regards Tom

ps. CAMERON: Is it possible that this is an activation issue?

Edited by TOBS

Same here. Sometimes it helps to reload the plane or to restart gizmo via Plugin Menu. Sometimes it is just all fine and fms works right away with xsb. It seems its not only a fms issue since I cant get the electrics to work properly even when I use the APU - the outer displays stay dark.

/edit

WinVista x64 Q8300 6GB GTX560 1GB

Edited by docromano

Hi, Tom,

No, if it's only your FMC that's going blank then this is not an activation issue. Gizmo would also not be the culprit as it doesn't control this system.

I believe X-Plane 10 is still needing a lot of work to fix things. In Beta 9 and 10 all of my displays were gone, but in RC1 they are back. Until things are actually stable I'm afraid there is not much we can do.

If this were in XP9 then we'd be all over this. XP10 is going through so many rapid changes it just doesn't make sense. I will speak with Laminar though.

Hi, Tom,

No, if it's only your FMC that's going blank then this is not an activation issue. Gizmo would also not be the culprit as it doesn't control this system.

I believe X-Plane 10 is still needing a lot of work to fix things. In Beta 9 and 10 all of my displays were gone, but in RC1 they are back. Until things are actually stable I'm afraid there is not much we can do.

If this were in XP9 then we'd be all over this. XP10 is going through so many rapid changes it just doesn't make sense. I will speak with Laminar though.

Thnx for your answer cameron. Yes I had this problem in xp9. But there I could solve it with reboots, reloasing the plane, new set of plugins - I really do not know what helps. Sometimes I get it to work but no clear way how to do.

Regards Tom

I think Philipp said something about squadbox long time ago. But I think it was fixed. Not by the CRJ.. but Vatsim. Because when something doesn't work.. it doesn't mean it is because the CRJ even other planes works. Maybe as described Philipp one day, the plugin used parts of code that didn't interact with other addoms because being smaller than the cRJ. When the CRJ comes is is like a big truck going to a strait street. If the conflict plugin "parked" not good, then maybe other little cars (addoms) could pass, but not the truck (CRJ).

Is it Squadbox related with xpfsuipc? I think xpfsuipc was fixed.

Well Philipp understand better than me, because it is programming stuff.

Pd: by the way.. I don't use Vatsim, but yes I fly in IVAO and the plane loads perfectly well with IVAP in IVAO.

Edited by Japo32

I just tried it on Windows 7 with X-Plane 10.03 and don't see any problem:

post-3056-0-20188200-1326301094_thumb.jp

I tried both CRJ 1.3 and 1.4 and all displays are running fine with XSquawkbox.

This leaves two possible causes for your problem:

-It is related to 64bit Win7, because I tried on 32bit Win7 and can't use my 64bit machine this week.

-Something not drawing always smells of an openGL problem. So perhaps it is related to the graphics driver and an update could help

Philipp

Edited by philipp

hello Javier, Phillipp,

so glad that you go into the discussion. First of all I never thought that this problem is really related the the code of the CRJ cause this plane works very well with very good frame rates and a pretty good system depth that I really like to fly it - if I would not I would not care and would not write such a huge joystick commands list as I did. But the maker of this plane know the code and maybe know where to search for the problem.

And yes I am on 64bit. The driver I have is the last driver nvidia provides and I have this problem for a quite long time and several driver generations. as the othe pilot said sometimes it is possible to get it to work. If is is an opengl problem I do not know what to do. The screen of UFMC from Javier Cortez vets. 2.5 was not visible on XP10 after an update it works maybe also opengl. I am not so sure that the next nvidia river will help their focus is on directx and all the games which are using the microsoft driver.

Where can I look, what can I try to get it to work - that is the question!!!

Regards Tom

Hi javier and philipp, do you have any news about this issue?

Thnx tom

It would have been posted by now had there been, Tom.

Philipp is pretty diligent. Let's not push things all at once. There's a slew of updates coming as well as other optimizations. Plug-In issues will take two to tango, but a problem like this would usually be widespread (VATSIM is a popular plug-in) and aside from you and the one gentlemen above, we've not ever had this reported to us.

I fly the CRJ on VATSIM on numerous occasions with the same operating system as you. I also cannot reproduce this issue (with the exception of two previous betas in XP 10 - fixed in RC2).