NZCH Christchurch Airport

chris k

Looks incredible! Any chance of seeing photo scenery for the surrounding areas as well?

Yep - LINZ has full 10cm orthos for all of Christchurch and Akaroa, taken between Feb and Aug 2011. It'll take me a while to download, resample, and position them.

As it's not as important to have hi-res images for the city, I wanted to break up the 'airport' (where you are likely to be close to the ground, and hence you want the best hi-res ortho), versus flying above the 'city', where you're at altitude, and I can use lower-res (i.e. 512x512) imagery instead, using 1/16th the memory.

The source dataset is around 200 Gigabytes or so... It'll take some time to collect and process into X-plane compatible .DSF scenery.

- CK.

Seems like a mission and a half!!!! Guess we will finally have the Waimakariri river and surrounding areas as well.....will make VFR much easier, especially since the Waimak starts at the Alps and goes to the ocean!!!!

Slainte,

Andy

NZCH