APU BATT says BATT OFF

RonMont

Hi guys!

I bought the CL60 yesterday, and stuck with a problem that baffles me completely.

The APU BATT says BATT OFF, with 0V.

I've done the APU reset through the external door below the left side engine, checked all the circuit breakers as best I could, and I find nothing.

Hope somebody more familiar with this aircraft can help me out.

Thanks in advance for any help :-)

2023-08-03_10-06-30.jpg

3 minutes ago, RonMont said:

I bought the CL60 yesterday, and stuck with a problem that baffles me completely.

Welcome to the show. :)

4 minutes ago, RonMont said:

The APU BATT says BATT OFF, with 0V.

Check the Challenger 650 menu in the top menu bar, and look for the APU battery connection item.

40 minutes ago, Pils said:

Welcome to the show. :)

Check the Challenger 650 menu in the top menu bar, and look for the APU battery connection item.

Yeah, first thing I checked, and it's connected... that's why I am so stumped with this issue.

But thanks for your interest :-)

On 8/6/2023 at 10:22 AM, Pils said:

I assume you’re able to continue on with a new airframe?

Yes, that is what I did indeed; thought there was some kind of maintenance that could be done, like other aircraft I've been flying, but could not find it.

BTW, I saw yesterday that there is an update to the beta version (1.38 IIRC); how do the updates work for the CL60? Do we download the whole package again? Or is there an update procedure?

Thanks in advance :)

5 hours ago, RonMont said:

BTW, I saw yesterday that there is an update to the beta version (1.38 IIRC); how do the updates work for the CL60? Do we download the whole package again? Or is there an update procedure?

You run the beta installer again (no need to download it every time). It'll remove everything of the previous version (retaining the airframes and state—though no guarantee they'll work without issue), and install the new version in its place. The stable updates are a different procedure.

3 hours ago, Pils said:

You run the beta installer again (no need to download it every time). It'll remove everything of the previous version (retaining the airframes and state—though no guarantee they'll work without issue), and install the new version in its place. The stable updates are a different procedure.

Thanks! I will try that.

• 7 months later...

I had this issue and the Ground Services menu had APU Battery Connection on it. I clicked on it and it got my battery back. Not sure what that is supposed to represent? If I had a bad battery, that was the ground guy charging it?  In any case, thanks for the clue. 

26 minutes ago, Lauramks2 said:

I had this issue and the Ground Services menu had APU Battery Connection on it. I clicked on it and it got my battery back. Not sure what that is supposed to represent? If I had a bad battery, that was the ground guy charging it?  In any case, thanks for the clue. 

In the real world it is normal for batteries in small aircraft and business jets to be disconnectable by the pilots or maintenance personnel. Leaving the batteries connected permanently will drain them and make them unusable. As such the CL650 addon simulates these connections being manipulated via selectable menu items. However, what is not currently simulated is the batteries being drained while the sim isn't running (but this will be added eventually). It is normal procedure to disconnect both main and APU batteries before leaving the aircraft parked overnight, for example.

30 minutes ago, Lauramks2 said:

Thanks for the great answer. I am loving the realism supplied in this aircraft. My experience is in the Air Force and there we walk away and let mx do their work. You answer really puts me in charge of this whole flight. 

Including refilling the oil reservoirs!