G1000 popout displays

nzandrew

I love the SR22 Entegra model, it's remarkably true-to-life and has been a huge benefit getting me through my instrument rating. One of the features I love is that I can have the PFD and MFD pop out automatically to separate displays using this kind of config in popups.cfg:

pfd_fill_window = 1
pfd_h = 1090
pfd_monitor_start = -1
pfd_nbzl_fill_window = 1
pfd_nbzl_h = 768
pfd_nbzl_monitor_start = 4
pfd_nbzl_popup_at_start = 2
pfd_nbzl_w = 1024
pfd_nbzl_x = 0
pfd_nbzl_y = 0
pfd_popup_at_start = 0
pfd_w = 1353
pfd_x = 0

You can see what it looks like in my attached sim photo.

Recently I have purchased the SR22 G1000. I was hoping I could achieve the same thing using the popups.cfg file but it does not appear to be working. The G1000 displays refuse to popout when the aircraft loads up in X-Plane. Any ideas? cc @Coop

Cheers,

Andrew

sim.jpg

Hi Andrew, 

The autopop function is triggered by the RSG plugin calling for it, so while positions and etc. can be saved the automatic popouts are only triggered with RSG hardware. The standard commands for popouts (see in the X-Plane command browser, under the "afm" prefix, can be bound to either hardware keys, or you can trigger those commands from a script if desired.

Excellent, that gives me something to go on. I triggered afm/sr/cmd/popup/PFD_NOBEZEL from the DataRefTool and that did indeed pop out the PFD to the correct screen with no bezel.

I'm sure I can modify my script in Air Manager to pop out the displays when the model starts up or tie it to a hardware function.

Thanks @Coop, appreciate your help!

• Like 1

Quick follow-up question @Coop. With the G1000 SR22, changing the view to "Forward with no display" causes the popout screens to "freeze" i.e. the displays no longer update. They only seem to work with the 3D cockpit view. However, this is not ideal for homebuilt cockpits and also differs from the Entegra version which does update in "Forward with no display" view.

Do you know if it's possible to have the G1000 instrument panels popped out and and not show the internal cockpit on the main screens?

Thanks again.

14 hours ago, nzandrew said:

Quick follow-up question @Coop. With the G1000 SR22, changing the view to "Forward with no display" causes the popout screens to "freeze" i.e. the displays no longer update. They only seem to work with the 3D cockpit view. However, this is not ideal for homebuilt cockpits and also differs from the Entegra version which does update in "Forward with no display" view.

Do you know if it's possible to have the G1000 instrument panels popped out and and not show the internal cockpit on the main screens?

Thanks again.

Yes, in settings.cfg file (located in the aircraft plugins/sr_systems.settings, there is an option "hide_3d_details" that you can turn to 1. This will completely disable rendering of most of the aircraft for those with complete hardware cockpits.