Engine fires when loading aircraft.

MacAviator

I have the latest version of XP10 running and the latest version of the CRJ. When I first load the CRJ it's fine, but often times, when I reload it to a new location, or a preset situation like the 10nm approach, the engines will be on fire. This never occurred in XP9, so I'm not sure if this is an X-Plane 10 issue, or a CRJ issue, a combination of the two. Other than that, it's been running fine for me in XP10. Has anyone else been having this issue?

The engine fire problem is fixed in plugin 1.3.1.

Please log in into your X-Aviation account to download the update.

@falloutgamer65: If the frames drop, there might be an application in the background causing a context switch. One user reported that he had this problem when in the background his browser was open on a website with snowfall animation. Make sure there are no applications are running in the background that require GPU power. And these days, a browser is in this category, as modern webbrowsers use GPU acceleration to render certain CSS effects.

If the problem persists you are probably running the sim at too high a setting - until there are more optimizations to X-Plane 10, it will be worthwhile to use rather conservative settings on GPU intense options.

Philipp

Edited by philipp

I went to my x-a account and it gives me the option to download version 1.3, not 1.3.1. I already have the v1.3 installed and i am still getting engine fires when selecting 3nm final, among other little bugs like some of the screens not turning on.

It's version 1.3.1. Trust me. Just doesn't say it in filename.