Crash in OEM variants

Finlayson

Both OEM variants seem to have a bug in their preferences panel.

When you open the MU2 preferences panel and click on the Reality XP drop down, the whole thing freezes and you get the following error message in the log:

0:01:51.646 G64: error: GizmoCore::RunLuaFunctionHandle: Callback failed. No name available. ByRef.: [string "core_utilities/xsLib_prefsManager.lua.ra1"]:581: dref.getInt: NULL pointer error, invalid dref handle.

When you wait/mess around a bit longer, you then get an assertion failure as seen in the attached screenshot.

Now, my assumption about the variants is as follows:

-GLASS: uses RealSimGear G500

- GNS: uses default or RXP GNS/GTNs, or combinations thereof, as selected in the preferences panel and RXP plugin settings

- OEM: uses default X-Plane GNS430/530

Assuming the above assumptions are correct it would seem that the RXP drop down in the preferences panel should be hidden or disabled for the OEM variants, right? In any case it must not crash X-Plane when you select something, even if it does nothing for the OEM variants.

Cheers,

F.

MU2_Assertion.jpg

10 hours ago, Finlayson said:

When you open the MU2 preferences panel and click on the Reality XP drop down, the whole thing freezes and you get the following error message in the log:

If you are using the OEM variant....no need to interface with the RXP pull down eh?.......BUT.....BUT.....I'm being facetious here...

10 hours ago, Finlayson said:

it would seem that the RXP drop down in the preferences panel should be hidden or disabled for the OEM variants

....you are exactly correct.  I'll look into this :)

-TomK

Edited by tkyler