Loupedeck Live Implementation Control G1000

lowdowndan

Hi!

I am attempting to implement XMidiCtrl (v1.02) with the Loupedeck Live and X-plane 11/12. I started with 11, had some of the problems I outline below, thought that I would do a clean install, could not find 11 the install file online and purchased/uploaded X-plane 12. The problems seemed to persist between versions, but the details I describe below are for V12. 

I am attempting to control the G1000 (especially the knobs) using the Loupedeck for IFR. 

I have no problems (except for 1) with commands (buttons). They work great. The exception is the com flip-flop which has odd behavior, it works once, then the second time resets the frequency to 121.5 (the frequency set when the real button is pressed for more than 1 second), and after that, pressing the button on the screen does a flip-flop but about a half second later, the frequencies flip again without my input and the frequency is set to 121.5.  I assume this behavior is related to the internal x-plane clock determining if the press is 1 second or not?

The knobs (encoders) are the big problem. They change the respective values (outer or inner knob) but no matter which way I turn the knob, the values increase!  Makes changing frequencies and entering data into the FMS difficult!

Any suggestions? I can live with the com flip-flop being broken, I have to use it sparingly, but the reason I got the Loupedeck was to control the knobs...

Thanks!

Dan

I applied each Loupedeck encoder to each x-plane knob and direction, so two encoders are needed for each knob, which essentially means one Loupedeck page per x-plane 11 dual knob. Not efficient, but it gets the job done. I have set up all of the knobs I need and will start to "fly" the configuration to see if I work it smoothly and in real-time under "IFR". Still, it would be great to have both incrementing and decrementing on the same encoder.

Edited by lowdowndan

• 1 month later...

Hi,

It should definitely work to have incrementing and decrementing on the same encoder. It would be useful to see your toml as well as the MIDI log of the messages received by XMidiCtrl.

I suppose your are using the from encoder mode. 

Encoder Mode

The plugin supports two encoder modes: relative and range. If your MIDI device sends a velocity between 0 and 127 when encoders are turned you have to select range. Relative mode is the preferred settings as it sends different values in relation to the speed the encoder was turned. However, not all MIDI devices support this mode.

So try adding the mode = range to your setup and see if that helps:

{ ch = 11, cc = 1, mode = "range", type = "enc", ... },

Kind regards,
Marco

This works fine for me:

# L2 NAV Knob
{ ch = 1, cc = 45, type = "enc", mode = "range", command_up = "sim/GPS/g1000n1_nav_outer_up", command_down = "sim/GPS/g1000n1_nav_outer_down" },
{ ch = 1, cc = 46, type = "enc", mode = "range", command_up = "sim/GPS/g1000n1_nav_inner_up", command_down = "sim/GPS/g1000n1_nav_inner_down" },
{ ch = 1, cc = 47, type = "cmd", mode = "range", command = "sim/GPS/g1000n1_nav12" },

Then on loupdeck live you need to set

Display Name: NAV Outer (or whatever you want)

45-LSB for Control 13  (again or whatever cc number you want just make sure the 1st line of the code above matches

Mode = CC Set

Value = 127

1-Ch. (note I use channel 1, the examples provided on github (before I saw them) are ch11 so don't get tripped up by this)

This will change the big numbers

Repeat this on another rotary dial for the small numbers, in my example I used channel 46

And then pressing the encoder button will be channel 47 (Nav will plip between nav1/nav2

On Loupedeck create an Midi actio

Action 1

47 - LBS fpr Controller 15

CC Set

1Ch.

Action 2

Delay

Action 3

47 - LBS fpr Controller 15

CC Set

1Ch.

Note the difference between action 1 and 3 here. The values for action 1 is 127 for action 3 it is zero

Edited by PapaLazarou