No commands nor dataref for AP altitude knob and some extra tidbits.

I reported this initially but I think it might got lost so I'm reposting.

1. [Altitude Knob not responding to any commands] I can't find commands to bind keys or buttons to increase-decrease the AP altitude knob selector. I see the selector changes the XP default dataref autopilot/altitude but if I change that dataref the change is not reflected in the knob. I use a x-touch mini knob and I would like to be able to map it to operate the knob, many other cockpit builders will have a similar problem I think. (I tried with autopilot/altitude_up and down commands but they are not working)

Also and for free a couple of very minor issues:

2. [No commands for the GND start sleector] - Can't find commands to map buttons to change the GND start selector to left, right or center. This switch is quite hidden by the throttle levers so mapping buttons makes starting the plane easier.

3. [No commands to change barometer] - Can't find a way to map buttons to change the barometer sim/instruments/barometer_up and down should be able to change it.

4. [No commands to change DH] - Same for the DH sim/instruments/dh_ref_up and down are not changing the DH

5. [Avitab show-hide not working] - The show-hide avitab command triggers a gizmo error, the avitab on-off command works perfectly instead. 

6. [Can't rotate avitab] - The commands to rotate the avitab are not working (GNS 5 blades)

------

7. [Strange trim behaviour with power off] Then not sure if this is a bug or not but the pitch and rudder trims can be operated moving the wheels with power off but they can't be operated from the respective commands. Aileron trim works from both commands or the plane controls with power off.

And finally:

8. [Vertical speed can be cheated] The real Mu-2 does not have a vertical speed control, meaning you can only control vertical speed by changing the pitch, the VS button will make the AP hold the current VS. However the plane AP responds to the default commands autopilot/vertical_speed_up and autopilot/vertical_speed_dn. For some users this may be a good thing but I feel it is unrealistic. I leave this for you to ponder...

I put numbers in case it makes it easier for you to address these issues. 

None of this issues is a real blocker to fly v2.01 it works really nicely!

Luigi.

noted on these.  This posting has been logged also.

20 hours ago, lrargerich said:

The commands to rotate the avitab are not working

These shoudl be removed.  The geometry of the window precludes rotating the Avitab effectively.  It ends up conflicting with the window and shifting it over to accomodate the rotation, ends up occluding instruments.  in the end, I decided on the one orientation.  These commands will be going away.  

Thx for inputs, all will make the MU2 better :)

TK

23 minutes ago, tkyler said:

noted on these.  This posting has been logged also.

These shoudl be removed.  The geometry of the window precludes rotating the Avitab effectively.  It ends up conflicting with the window and shifting it over to accomodate the rotation, ends up occluding instruments.  in the end, I decided on the one orientation.  These commands will be going away.  

Thx for inputs, all will make the MU2 better :)

TK

Thanks! Hope you are having fun at Oshkosh!

I found a very small thing yesterday: It seems that if I move the flaps with a lever (thanks for doing that!!) the flap lights are not lit for each position.

I found a very small thing yesterday: It seems that if I move the flaps with a lever (thanks for doing that!!) the flap lights are not lit for each position.

The lights respond to the physical flap position at each of the fixed positions and are not affected by the lever position...so you have to wait some seconds for the flaps to reach their positions before the lights come on.  If you observe the lever snapping into a flap detent and the lights don't come on (assuming power) after at least 10 seconds after moving the lever (some flap positions are slow to be reached), then let me know.  I did not observe this when cycling through all the positions with the "lever snap code test"

-TomK

On 7/26/2022 at 12:45 PM, lrargerich said:

1. [Altitude Knob not responding to any commands] I can't find commands to bind keys or buttons to increase-decrease the AP altitude knob selector. I see the selector changes the XP default dataref autopilot/altitude but if I change that dataref the change is not reflected in the knob. I use a x-touch mini knob and I would like to be able to map it to operate the knob, many other cockpit builders will have a similar problem I think. (I tried with autopilot/altitude_up and down commands but they are not working)

Default commands now drive the alt preselector

2. [No commands for the GND start sleector] - Can't find commands to map buttons to change the GND start selector to left, right or center. This switch is quite hidden by the throttle levers so mapping buttons makes starting the plane easier.

Added 3 commands for this switch

3. [No commands to change barometer] - Can't find a way to map buttons to change the barometer sim/instruments/barometer_up and down should be able to change it.

Those default commands do drive the barometer knob/values for me.  

4. [No commands to change DH] - Same for the DH sim/instruments/dh_ref_up and down are not changing the DH

Default commands drive the DH knob/display now. 

Edited by tkyler
  • Like 1