Many questions in one topic: pitch wheel, altitude knob, trims.

Hi again,

I continue my configuration of this aricraft, I must tell you I'm having a great time with it. I have some questions.

1. Which command should I bind to move the pitch wheel up-down? And then, I've noticed that if I "premove" the pitch wheel say down, when I disc the AP the plane does not pitch down, I have to move the wheel to make it pitch down. Not sure if that is how it should work but in general I've noticed there is not good sync between the pitch wheel and the plane AP.

2. Do we have commands for the altitude knob? (the one that is quite slow with the scroll wheel). I've noticed it changes the AP altitude dataref but if I change that dataref the change is not reflected in the altitude knob of the Mu-2.

3. About trims: Can we tell me a quick guide of which trim commands are used irl by Mu-pilots and how? There are a lot! of trim commands and I'm not sure which ones whould I bind, aileron trim, roll trim, rudder trim and then two pitch trim commands, not sure what each one does. 

Many thanks!

Luigi.

Adding a few more to avoid opening another thread:

How does CWS work in the Mu-2? If I press the CWS command there's an audible from the AP servos being partially disconnected but when I release the button the plane returns to the previous pitch and attitude, not sure if that is how it should work. 

On 7/18/2022 at 8:20 PM, lrargerich said:

How does CWS work in the Mu-2? If I press the CWS command there's an audible from the AP servos being partially disconnected but when I release the button the plane returns to the previous pitch and attitude, not sure if that is how it should work. 

looking at the supplement here...its pretty basic.  It only works in pitch and roll mode AND only when the turn knob is centered.  If, in your case, it returned to a previous attitude, chances are you were in ALT mode at the time.  I suspect this because I just tried it and had the same thing happen to me.  The problem is/was,  I am supposed to revert to pitch/roll hold mode any time you hit the CWS button (supplement calls it TCS btw)....but I don't revert, so letting go of the button, it goes right back to ALT mode.   That's fixed for the update.  Also the servo DISCO sound won't play whenever the TCS is active now, only in a true "servo disconnect" situation.

-TomK

Edited by tkyler

3 hours ago, tkyler said:

looking at the supplement here...its pretty basic.  It only works in pitch and roll mode AND only when the turn knob is centered.  If, in your case, it returned to a previous attitude, chances are you were in ALT mode at the time.  I suspect this because I just tried it and had the same thing happen to me.  The problem is/was,  I am supposed to revert to pitch/roll hold mode any time you hit the CWS button (supplement calls it TCS btw)....but I don't revert, so letting go of the button, it goes right back to ALT mode.   That's fixed for the update.  Also the servo DISCO sound won't play whenever the TCS is active now, only in a true "servo disconnect" situation.

-TomK

Thanks for the fix!, and good to know it is called TCS probably for Tactile Control System as in the Q400.