FPLN FULL

trox

I haven't had any issues with the FMC before, but in the last two flights (LSZH-OMDB-LSZH / on two seperate days) I had an error telling me that the flightplan is already full. Thus I was not able to program in an approach at both airports. And it does not seem to be a problem with the navigation data, as I tried to enter everything by hand, it still seemed it has somehow "run out of memory". I was able to enter some waypoints, but after maybe 5 points, the message reappeared.

As you can see on the attached image I didn't try this 100 waypoints away from the STAR, but pretty close to it (maybe 4,5 wpts). As I understand it, the already passed waypoints get deleted in the fms, is that correct? The imported original routing from simbrief had around 70 wpts (14 pages), and when I tried it there were around 15 wpts left, even with the added points from the STAR there would be way less wpts than at the beginning of the flight.

I have no idea what went wrong with those two flights, as I never had this issue before and couldn't find anything similar on the forum.

I don't know whether this is a bug or something realistic, but in both cases, can someone pless tell me how to fix this issue inflight and if I have done anything, what it might have been?

Thanks!

Screenshot (12).png

1 hour ago, trox said:

I don't know whether this is a bug or something realistic, but in both cases, can someone pless tell me how to fix this issue inflight and if I have done anything, what it might have been?

I believe the whole flight plan, including previously passed waypoints, is 100 legs maximum. As I understand the “fix” is to either: (1) drop back to heading mode, do a direct-to using the DTO history to a waypoint behind you, and delete passed waypoints to make room for more legs at the end of the flight plan; or (2) use the secondary flight plan to construct a new, shorter route and then swap it into the active flight plan.