Max an Min Values for Encoders

xXFabi95

Hi,

I try to use an Encoder for the TCAS Switch at the Toliss A21N. I found the correct dataref for that action. I want to switch every step by step. That works with the config below.

{ ch = 11, cc = 8, type = "enc", dataref = "AirbusFBW/XPDRPower", modifier_up = 1, modifier_down = -1, value_min = "0", value_max = "4"},

But I have a Problem with limitations. I can turn the turnswitch on the board an the value rise or sinks to infinity. Is there a way to limit the value between 0 an 4.

Greetings

Hi @xXFabi95,

The encoder mapping doesn't support value_min and value_max (https://mauer.github.io/xmidictrl/#/inbound_mapping_encoder). However, I understand what you are trying do to and the addition those parameters will be a very useful.

I put it on my list. Will be included with the next version.

Thanks for the great idea!

Cheers,
Marco

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hello Marco,

Did you ever get to implement this? I an issue where using the rotary encoder continues to go down to 0 and up to 127 despite setting the min/max values.

The issue I have is with an analogue HSI, it will only decrease the obs setting when the value is 63 or lower and increase when the value is 65 or higher. 64 is null.

{ ch = 1, cc = 75, type = "enc", dataref = "sim/cockpit2/radios/actuators/hsi_obs_deg_mag_pilot", modifier_up = 1, modifier_down = -1, value_min = 63, value_max = 65 },

I'm on v1.02.

Thanks!

**edit ok I misunterstood the setting, it does work and limits my heading select to 63 or 65.. So not what I was trying to do. I thought I could lcok the CC values with this. I'll keep digging and see if I can work it out.

Edited by PapaLazarou

• 4 weeks later...