how to calculate the RATE OF CLIMB according to CRJ200 chart

davidngr

I m wondering how to calculate the RATE OF CLIMB with GROSS WEIGHT of 2700 (6000pounds) kg, Temperature 30 C, and QNH 2997 according to CRJ200 chart we have in PILOT HANDBOOK. Could someone please help me out! I know it is a little technical question, though:-) Can someone explain to me what ISA +8 means? I know what the acronym ISA stands for, but I have doubts on +8.

Yours Davide

Hello,

ISA+8 means that ambient temperature is 8 degrees K above the standard temperature as defined by the ISA atmosphere for the altitude.

At sea level, for example, ISA standard temperature would be 15 degC. ISA+8 is then 23 degC.

Best regards,

sthai

Hello,

ISA+8 means that ambient temperature is 8 degrees K above the standard temperature as defined by the ISA atmosphere for the altitude.

At sea level, for example, ISA standard temperature would be 15 degC. ISA+8 is then 23 degC.

Best regards,

sthai

Many thanx but how can we know whether we have ISA+8 before take off? Is there any method of knowing it?