Saitek throttle problem

Hi

I have a problem (from last week) with my Saitek throttles : two of the three levers jumps from 0 to 50%. As I increase the throttles above 50% the throttles behaviour  is then smooth and correct again. The remaining lever work great as it always did.I did try to use the Saitek calibration software and the throttle seam to work perfectly without any jump.

Any idea how to fix the problem ?

Many thanks for the help.

Thanks and sorry for the late replay.

I just got home from work.

I did delete the preference file in the Output folder but it automatically reappear  and nothing really change in terms of throttle behaviours.

I re installed X-Plane and updated to the latest version ( 9.70) as well ; nothing good.

I checked  the throttle again with the Saitek utility ; the levers works all well.

I may try to install X-Plane again but without any update and see what happen.

Many Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have had real problems with X-Plane and  Saitek programming in particular the X52 Flight Control System which I never had with FSX. The original Saitek Profiles were saved as DAT. Files and I modified a  pre written FSX file which worked fairly well except every now and then it would run wild  typing in multiple keyboard commands at random (Word/Internet/ect). This only occured whilst X-Plane was running and would not stop interfering until the profile was deselected/cleared.

Saitek has since brought out new drivers and a new programming system which saves PRO.Files. This causes slow frame rates,  intermittent snatch freezing &  resource drain. I have had to revert to the original DAT.File system (Luckily I kept the disc) because the new prog.software uninstalls the older version automatically before installing. The cleanest of all is to directly program from X-Planes <settings> <Joysticks-Buttons-Keys> (No profile in Saitek) except that one cannot use the Mode functions and thus lose valuable buttons/sliders ect. Saitek never get back once they have your money banked.

I just bought the Saitek Pro Flight Yolk and Pedals and Honestly I love them but I'm with edwin, I don't use the Saitek software as it pretty much crashes on restart of my pc now. Maybe Austin will write in support for the Saitek Modes in a later version. For now I just deal with the No Profiles and one set of buttons. When I did get the software to work initially X-Plane stated doing some strange things (buttons not staying mapped then some of the original X-Plane mapped stuff started working while others didn't) then proceeded to Stop Responding as Windows 7 so nicely puts it now...lol

My CHPro Throttles used to do that only with certain aircraft (Top of my head I couldn't remember what ones but they were generally GA Aircraft). I just put it down to them being old  and maybe some dirty contacts. Is it happening with all your aircraft or just certain ones?