Update and VR ?

roberto

Sound is lost when I switch from 2D to VR (WMR/HP Reverb G2) while TBM is already loaded in the sim.  This issue is specific to the latest version of TBM (can't replicate this in any other aircraft default Cessna/Zibo/etc or older version of TBM).  What is interesting is if I start X-Plane and load TBM in VR from the get go (never in 2D mode) then sound is not lost.   This is just initial findings. I will do more experiment and report back.  

• Like 1

I narrowed down to what causes sound loss.  HP Reverb G2 requires both WMR + SteamVR.   When WMR is launched, it briefly takes over the default sound device.  When this happens while TBM is running, the sound is lost. 

The work around is simple.  Launch WMR BEFORE launching X-Plane 11.  Then TBM will not loose sound anymore and toggling between 2D and VR has no negative impact.

Edited by Sims Smith
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

FYI those of you that are using G2, HP fixed this audio loss issue when using TBM 900.  It doesn't matter anymore if you start WMR before X-Plane or after X-Plane. There are no more sound loss. 

You can download the audio fix firmware for G2 here https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-reverb-g2-virtual-reality-headset/33835976

• Like 1