TBM out of control on takeoff

gscottfuller

On the takeoff roll, the TBM immediately went out of control and began a nose dive into the runway while accelerating extremely quickly. Lost complete control and paused before it actually crashed and burned. Then, got a new airframe and started up on the same runway and the speed tape was registering 45 KIAS while standing still. Weird things going on. I've attached the logs. I rarely have a completely trouble free flight on the TBM. Getting close to giving up on this plane. I have an excellent PC build and have no trouble whatsoever with stock X-Plane equipment. Any help appreciated.

TBM900_Log.txt Log.txt

Sounds like you've definitely got something conclicting somewhere; suspect the only way you're going to get to the bottom of it is a clean install. I had a quick look at your logs - I see you've got some plugins (always a good place to start) - also see that you're running it off of a drive linked to OneDrive; personally I wouldn't do that given what I've seen in the past with the way many of these types of services can create conflicts with file locks at inopportune times.

CJ - Thanks for suggestions. I seem to have solved the problem. First, it turned out to be an X-Plane issue as it repeated with a stock SF-50 Jet. I followed the standard X-Plane troubleshooting sequence (which I only just discovered in a video on their support tab). I removed all plug-ins and custom scenery and still had the problem. Next removed all preferences and that solved it. Added back plug-ins, custom scenery and then preferences one at a time - basic flight controls, graphics settings, etc. So far, it has not recurred. Last step is flight control curves then should be good to go.

Excellent news! (I know how frustrating things like this are).

I recall the time where I had a PC brought in for repair; modem wasn't working.

Being the logical/pragmatic person that I am my approach was to see if the fault moved when I moved the modem to another PC. It went something like this:

1. Move modem to another PC and test. Modem works OK - so fault not the modem.

2. Install new modem in same slot in orignal PC. Modem works OK - so fault not the PC

3. Install original modem in original PC and test. Modem works - so "shake head and move on to next problem on next PC ..."

Southern's law of computing says that Murphy was an optimist ... and a very wise man!

CJ - Yes. You have to quickly learn the art of troubleshooting to fly this plane. It is the most finicky plane I've run across in any sim. I had one normal flight after fixing this control problem and already another gremlin has shown up. Yesterday, the pitch control stopped working. I tried restarting X-Plane, recalibrating the Yoke, checked the AP Trims switch several times, checked the maintenance status of everything. Finally had to go to a new airframe which solved the problem. My plan has been to get really comfortable flying the TBM, then start using it with Pilots Edge. At this point, I don't trust it enough to use on Pilots Edge where you don't want equipment problems when your focused on learning ATC and airspace skills. Thanks.

To be honest, my issues have mostly been "own goals" (with a few exceptions).

One thing that some other kind folks helped me discover is what's under the Flight -> Edit Failures Menu; if you haven't already, you might like to see if random failures have been programmed and/or just hit "fix all systems".

I'd be interested to hear if this is the source of any of your problems.

• 1 month later...