v1.33 (and prior) Good & Bad Knob Behavior

Torbinator

Hi guys,

This message is an observation that I've experienced many times, and I have also watched Jan deal with it in some of his videos. As we know, dragging the frequency knobs in a direction toward a frequency we need sometimes results in us overshooting the required frequency, which requires us to reverse our mouse direction to correct the freq. However, sometimes reversing the physical mouse direction does not reverse the actual frequency direction. This requires us to let go, reposition the cursor over the knob, re-grab and make final adjustments, which can be time consuming during SIDs/STARs/IAPs while participating with online ATC live events. However, there are a particular set of knobs within the IXEG that seem to ALWAYS work correctly: the ILS/VOR freq knobs. These particular knobs seem to allow the frequency to be adjusted back-and-forth continuously and work perfectly without having to let go and re-grab!

I wanted to share that in hopes that in a future update you might be able to examine the code used in those knobs to see if it is possible to bring that reliable functionality to all other knobs used to adjust frequencies as well as the parameters on the MCP.

Thanks!

Edited by Torbinator
  • Like 1