How do I delete a Star, transition and the selected RW

TOBS

Hi Javier,

please can you describe how I choose an new RW after I wrote everything including RW and transition into the fmc. I tried to delete RW35 in EICK and got a chrash - I did not find a chapter in the manual about this.

And please tell me how I just delete the star, the transition and the choosen RW to get just the clean route again. On the legs page it was just not possible to delete the runway anything else was to delete. and on the DEPARR page was the 35 still active - trying to delete it gave me the sudden crash.

Regards Tom

For departure rwy, just type new icao airport and press the left function key to introduce again. All the data set after the old airport will be deleted.

For destination just do the same but with destination airport in first flight plan page. Only star already selected will be deleted.

For choosing other SID just press again the right function key of the runway already selected. Again all SIDs and runways will appear.

For choosing  other STAR you can input again the destination airport inside first flight plan page. Or pressing again the left function key of STAR. The way to selecting another aprox or transition for now is only selecting same STAR (deselecting it and selecting it again) and then it will give you options to select another aprox and transition.

Never delete SIDs or STARs with @Del function.

For departure rwy, just type new icao airport and press the left function key to introduce again. All the data set after the old airport will be deleted.

For destination just do the same but with destination airport in first flight plan page. Only star already selected will be deleted.

For choosing other SID just press again the right function key of the runway already selected. Again all SIDs and runways will appear.

For choosing  other STAR you can input again the destination airport inside first flight plan page. Or pressing again the left function key of STAR. The way to selecting another aprox or transition for now is only selecting same STAR (deselecting it and selecting it again) and then it will give you options to select another aprox and transition.

Never delete SIDs or STARs with @Del function.

Thnx Javier,

Does deleting SIDs or STARs with @Del function caused the crash? oh man what a sensible piece of software? So many chrash reports since the first release....

Regards Tom

Well.. when you come to the other side you will see how it is not easy to make things...

But.. mmmmm.. delete boot.ini from your HDD if you have windows.. you will see how delicate is also microsoft.

These things happens... but you know now that you have not to play with del fucntion inside SIDs and STARs.. thanks for making our product stronger in future!!  ;)

oh man what a sensible piece of software? So many chrash reports since the first release....

Regards Tom

If only you knew! It's even more frustrating here...over 7 different computers this has been tested on now, Mac, Windows, and Linux, and we can't seem to duplicate any of these Mac or Windows CTD errors!

We'll get there. Definitely frustrating for all, and we do apologize for the inconvenience for those that must patiently wait!

Well.. when you come to the other side you will see how it is not easy to make things...

But.. mmmmm.. delete boot.ini from your HDD if you have windows.. you will see how delicate is also microsoft.

uhuh - I did that once before - i will never do it again - I hate win for such stuff believe me - I am a mac user in my prof. live - I do not want to have any "what is he doing again" during delicate sound sessions with nervous directors.....but for simulating or gaming I thought pc is the best choice cause you can configure like you want....maybe I was wrong

thnx for answer

These things happens... but you know now that you have not to play with del fucntion inside SIDs and STARs.. thanks for making our product stronger in future!!  ;)