Aircraft Registration Suggestions

DiBarkis

Is it possible to include more options in the livery config, specifically the registration options?

What I mean is for instance, if you look at real models, there is an option to have the font slanted? I do not mean italicized, because they are slanted either way depending on the side of the aircraft (L or R) they appear.

Here are my attempts on the TBM and on the SR22TN. You can see that I was able to slant the registration on the TBM but there's no such option on the SR22TN, although there is rotation, which is good. A combination of the slant and rotation would be very realistic.

Also a panel like the one on the TBM would also be nice so we don't have to go edit the config and reload the aircraft or restart x-plane just to check if the alignment was on spot or not

Q8PILOT_2.thumb.png.e9b5a20c4d4cff1168aa5b20a0777504.png

Q8PILOT_1.thumb.png.daafb5734f83e2a3d6bade1d09f053d2.png

SR22TN_GREEN_03.thumb.png.24d68e4d2e2dddcd659fce84d152d44d.png

SR22TN_GREEN_02.thumb.png.ad01098e0e745e7c149bacc55d6aa6ef.png

Compare with these:

1347649938_Cirrus_SR22_GTS_Private_BBJ_Bitburg_(Bitburg_Air_Base)_Germany_PP1341048365.thumb.jpg.486e853511539e1313ff26d6ecb24d31.jpg

cirrus-sr22-g3-turbo-gts.jpg.258bddc80bb165dc6445f79615443d40.jpg

sr22accesspaneltailcone.thumb.jpg.89d03b2b1f1bb99c6937a56471cce367.jpg

Adding support for slants is something we have been looking into, our current rendering platform does not appear to support this, but potentially upgrading renderers down the road may make sense. 

Also, for the config, restarting the sim is not required. The file is re-read every time you reopen the in-sim SR22 menu, so just close the menu, make config file edits, save, and then reopen the menu and it will grab the changes that you saved.

6 hours ago, Coop said:

Adding support for slants is something we have been looking into, our current rendering platform does not appear to support this, but potentially upgrading renderers down the road may make sense. 

Also, for the config, restarting the sim is not required. The file is re-read every time you reopen the in-sim SR22 menu, so just close the menu, make config file edits, save, and then reopen the menu and it will grab the changes that you saved.

Didn't know that. Nice to know. Thanks. Hopefully we get the slants in the future, but for now we'll make do with what we have.