GPS to LOC transition

MISSEDAPCH

Good day, 

First of all i would like to say that the new TBM 900 quickly became my favourite X-Plane model. 

During some of my first flights i noticed a srtange automation behaviour during AP transition from GPS to LOC mode. The LOC becomes active on the HSI however the AP reverts to ROLL mode even with APP armed. If indeed this is a bug you might tike it into consideration during the upcoming updates as it significantly increases workload during complex approaches.

Thank you for constantly improving the product that is already amazing! 

Maciej M.

Interesting, haven't seen this issue before. Can you tell me what airport you were at and which approach you were doing + at what point the transition occurred for you? I'd like to recreate this and take a look at the AP mode switching in detail. When you were in GPS it should immediately lock on the LOC mode, but maybe there's something busted for some specific approach.

I was approaching Lugano (LSZA) on LUSIL7P for ILS 01 approach. The same behaviour can be observed on this video (from 02:05:24):

it mostly happens when GPS has a sharp turn programmed for LOC interception relatively close to the FAP.

EDIT: In this video the APR was not armed but after some testing in Lugano there is no difference even with APR armed the autopilot reverts to ROLL mode.

Edited by MISSEDAPCH