T Flight Hotas X unable to get power into beta range

Jan Naslund

Hi,

Just got the TBM900. Thought i'd treat myself as a christmas present :)

I like the plane but i can't get the power lever into the beta range for taxi or reverse thrust.

I have a T FlightHotas X joystick and i mapped one of the buttons to "Toggle thrust reversers #1" but it doesn't work.

On the "indicator" that is shown i see the stick in Flight idle and as i pull back on the power lever, it is red color and goes all the way back but has no effect. See attached picture.

Can anyone help me?

Best Regards / Jan

Flight Idle TBM900.PNG

Hi,

Under Keyboard - Engines - Throttle I have mapped

"Hold thrust reverse at max #1" mapped to F2
"Hold thrust reverse at max #2" mapped to F3
"Toggle thrust reversers #1" mapped to F1
"Toggle thrust reversers #2" mapped to F4

On the joystick i mapped "Toggle thrust reversers #1" to button no 2

None of them work for me in the TBM900. They work in other planes.

I can fly the plane but i get constant warnings about the brakes being too hot as i have to break almost all the time while taxiing.

Am i missing something here?

Best regards / Jan

Edited by Jan Naslund

There's your problem.  You need to assign Toggle thrust reversers WITHOUT the #.  This is under Engines/Basics.

The reason your brakes are getting hot is because you're taxiing in flight idle.  Not Ground Idle.  Ground Idle is the beta range.  The aircraft will still want to move, but much slower.  

Hi,

Thanks. I also found it and assigned it to F12 under Engines-Basics and it worked fine. 
Confusing with all the different settings for this in xplane :)

Yes, i undertand that the reason for overheating the brakes is that i was taxiing in flight idle. Problem sorted now though.

Thank you very much / Jan

PS. I wanted to reply earlier but for some reason the only way i can log in is to ask for a password reset. I reset my password and i receive an E-mail. I click recover password and enter the same as i had before and voila, i am logged in. If i exit the site and try to login it says i am entering the wrong password! I have done this 4 times now i think. Crazy!  

Now i just have to figure out how to display the ADF on the flight display  :)

Best Regards / Jan