Small issues

Papickx

Hi, first of all, thanks for this beautiful aircraft.

After a few initial test flights, I have found a few very minor issues, but it would be nice if these were corrected in the future. See attached images for both issues.

1) The area where the rain effects are active around the side windows of the cockpit is not defined properly on the top side of these windows, when looked at it from the outside in rain you can see that the drops appear even above the window glass, up to more or less halfway between the edge of the window glass and the middle of the frame separating the side and front windows.

2) There is a triple spray effect in rainy conditions from the wheels, while only the centre one of these should be present.

Thanks a lot!

TBM900 - 2019-09-27 15.59.45.png

TBM900 - 2019-09-27 19.30.02.png

7 hours ago, Goran_M said:

The rain on the glass is positioned that way so you cannot see any "clear" glass on the top edge where rain would normally be.  It's done this way so rain can be seen from inside, running down the glass from above the glass edge.  

I'll look into the gear spray.

Ah, ok, I just thought that it was strange because it is not like that on any of the other windows. And thanks for looking into the spray!

12 hours ago, Goran_M said:

The rain on the glass is positioned that way so you cannot see any "clear" glass on the top edge where rain would normally be.  It's done this way so rain can be seen from inside, running down the glass from above the glass edge.

Ok, I had a closer look, and I think I know what is happening. The virtual surface on which the rain is defined to appear is too close to the surface of the fuselage itself for these two windows, so the raindrops can be seen flashing through the frame too. This is probably not the case with the other windows because there the virtual surface defined for the rain is further beyond/below the surface of the fuselage. Maybe have another quick look at this too, if you won't mind.

I think the reason for the triple rain tracks of the wheels is that the gear types for each of the three gears are set as 3 lateral instead of single in Plane Editor... I did not want to screw around so I did not test a modified version, but if you can confirm that I can just make this change there then I will do it for myself for now, and you can correct this for the next release too.